We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Gifted by: Frances Lincoln Limited Publishers
Reviewed by Emily Timmons, Editor of AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
It’s easy to assume that boys aren’t interested in crafting, since there’s no mud or mess or noise involved. That’s why the authors of Boycraft have made it their mission to prove to boys and their parents alike that crafting isn’t just for the girls. With hands-on craft projects and a total absence of the color pink, the innovative ideas inside Boycraft have done just that.
Boys can learn how to papier mache, how to knit, and even how to sew with the help of Boycraft. Boys who want to learn how to knit or how to sew will find the diagrams and instructions in this book to be very clear and direct, so they can take up a new hobby with ease. Plus, not one of the sewing or knitting projects in this book could be called ‘girly,’ so boys can comfortably learn a new skill without feeling out of place. Boys can make gigantic bean bags, trendy T-shirt scarves, and easy-to-make cases for all their gadgets. One of the coolest aspects of Boycraft is the woodworking tutorials. In addition to learning how to make stilts, for example, boys can learn how to make their own birdhouse.
Several of the projects found in Boycraft use recycled or household items like milk jugs, cereal boxes, and jar lids, so parents on a budget can still provide a cool and creative outlet for their boys. Kids can even learn how to make accessories to transform their action figures into valiant, historic soliders. There are even crafty creepy crawlies and other frightfully fun ideas (Halloween, anyone?) that no boy will be able to refuse. While this crafty collection was created with boys in mind, the authors of Boycraft made sure to include projects that little girls will love, too, like the trendy homemade bags or the cuddly stuffed critter tutorials. From origami water bombs to a DIY bug hotel, the projects in this fantastically fun book are sure to inspire even the most stubborn boys to express their creative side. With the help of Boycraft, your little man will be proud to show off their crafting prowess to all their friends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Duct Tape Mania Review
- Rubber Band Mania Review
- MADE BY DAD: 67 Blueprints for Making Cool Stuff Review
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out! Review
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
- Hooked on Rubber Band Jewelry Review
- Totally Awesome Rubber Band Jewelry Review
- Pom-Poms! 25 Awesomely Fluffy Projects Review
- Boycraft Review
- Art Lab for Little Kids Review
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 21 American Craft Projects: Patriotic Crafts for Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and 4th of July Crafts for Kids
- 23 Halloween Crafts for Kids: Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas and Spooky Decor
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Homemade Dinosar Egg Craft
- DIY Glitter Lips iPhone Case
- Candy Cane Matching Activity
- Precious Polar Bear Paper Roll Craft
- Red Heart Boutique Fleecy Yarn
- Paper Bag Turkey Puppet
- Stamp Art Turkey Painting
- DIY Indoor Snowball Fight Kit
- Pine Cone Snowy Owl
- Painted Twig Jewelry Tree