We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Gifted by: Frances Lincoln Limited Publishers
Reviewed by Emily Timmons, Editor of AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
It’s easy to assume that boys aren’t interested in crafting, since there’s no mud or mess or noise involved. That’s why the authors of Boycraft have made it their mission to prove to boys and their parents alike that crafting isn’t just for the girls. With hands-on craft projects and a total absence of the color pink, the innovative ideas inside Boycraft have done just that.
Boys can learn how to papier mache, how to knit, and even how to sew with the help of Boycraft. Boys who want to learn how to knit or how to sew will find the diagrams and instructions in this book to be very clear and direct, so they can take up a new hobby with ease. Plus, not one of the sewing or knitting projects in this book could be called ‘girly,’ so boys can comfortably learn a new skill without feeling out of place. Boys can make gigantic bean bags, trendy T-shirt scarves, and easy-to-make cases for all their gadgets. One of the coolest aspects of Boycraft is the woodworking tutorials. In addition to learning how to make stilts, for example, boys can learn how to make their own birdhouse.
Several of the projects found in Boycraft use recycled or household items like milk jugs, cereal boxes, and jar lids, so parents on a budget can still provide a cool and creative outlet for their boys. Kids can even learn how to make accessories to transform their action figures into valiant, historic soliders. There are even crafty creepy crawlies and other frightfully fun ideas (Halloween, anyone?) that no boy will be able to refuse. While this crafty collection was created with boys in mind, the authors of Boycraft made sure to include projects that little girls will love, too, like the trendy homemade bags or the cuddly stuffed critter tutorials. From origami water bombs to a DIY bug hotel, the projects in this fantastically fun book are sure to inspire even the most stubborn boys to express their creative side. With the help of Boycraft, your little man will be proud to show off their crafting prowess to all their friends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Craft It Up: Christmas Around the World Review
- Duct Tape Mania Review
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out! Review
- MADE BY DAD: 67 Blueprints for Making Cool Stuff Review
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
- 150+ Screen-Free Activities for Kids Review
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts Review
- Rubber Band Loom Fun Review
- Big Blast of Kid Crafts: Fun in the Sun Review
- Paracord Crafts Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rainbow Loom Patterns: 15 Rainbow Loom Charms to Make
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- Snowflake Rainbow Loom Charms
- Lovely Lily Rainbow Loom Charms
- Super Simple Rainbow Loom Bow
- Rainbow Loom Pokeball
- 3D Ladybug Rainbow Loom Charm
- Easy Butterfly Rainbow Loom Charm
- Sports Fan Photo Frames
- How to Make Pom Poms with a Fork