We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Gifted by: Frances Lincoln Limited Publishers
Reviewed by Emily Timmons, Editor of AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
It’s easy to assume that boys aren’t interested in crafting, since there’s no mud or mess or noise involved. That’s why the authors of Boycraft have made it their mission to prove to boys and their parents alike that crafting isn’t just for the girls. With hands-on craft projects and a total absence of the color pink, the innovative ideas inside Boycraft have done just that.
Boys can learn how to papier mache, how to knit, and even how to sew with the help of Boycraft. Boys who want to learn how to knit or how to sew will find the diagrams and instructions in this book to be very clear and direct, so they can take up a new hobby with ease. Plus, not one of the sewing or knitting projects in this book could be called ‘girly,’ so boys can comfortably learn a new skill without feeling out of place. Boys can make gigantic bean bags, trendy T-shirt scarves, and easy-to-make cases for all their gadgets. One of the coolest aspects of Boycraft is the woodworking tutorials. In addition to learning how to make stilts, for example, boys can learn how to make their own birdhouse.
Several of the projects found in Boycraft use recycled or household items like milk jugs, cereal boxes, and jar lids, so parents on a budget can still provide a cool and creative outlet for their boys. Kids can even learn how to make accessories to transform their action figures into valiant, historic soliders. There are even crafty creepy crawlies and other frightfully fun ideas (Halloween, anyone?) that no boy will be able to refuse. While this crafty collection was created with boys in mind, the authors of Boycraft made sure to include projects that little girls will love, too, like the trendy homemade bags or the cuddly stuffed critter tutorials. From origami water bombs to a DIY bug hotel, the projects in this fantastically fun book are sure to inspire even the most stubborn boys to express their creative side. With the help of Boycraft, your little man will be proud to show off their crafting prowess to all their friends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Finger Knitting Fun
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out! Review
- Art Lab for Little Kids Review
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
- Loopy Loom Rubber Band Animals
- Crafting With Kids Book Review
- Totally Awesome Rubber Band Jewelry Review
- 3D Art Lab for Kids Review
- Boycraft Review
- Hand in Hand: Crafting With Kids Review
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Father's Day Tie Gift Box
- Detective Dad Father's Day Card
- How to Make Yarn Rope
- Watermelon Printable Party Invitations
- #1 Dad Personal Pizza
- Stars and Stripes Krispie Snacks
- Captain America-Inspired Edible Jar
- July 4th Edible Eagle
- Father's Day DIY Keychain
- Colorful Potions Science Experiment