Attention class! Today, we will be creating amazing educational crafts in every single subject. From science projects to math crafts to fun reading activities, we will delve into every lesson with a mind to create something spectacular. Join us on our journey into 39 Creative Lesson Ideas and Educational Crafts for Kids!
Creative lesson ideas are a great way to engage young minds and reinforce the lessons you have covered through traditional teaching methods. Whether you are looking for homeschool lesson plans or educational crafts for school classrooms, these creative lesson ideas will enhance every child's comprehension, encourage innovative thought, and ensure successful retention of complex topics. Educational crafts for school allow children to approach difficult lessons and concepts from a hands-on perspective, which enables all children to master the material in a fun and constructive way. Young minds are like sponges, and the minds that absorb the lessons of their wonderful educators are sure to succeed. Introduce little learners to these educational crafts for school lesson activities, and you'll get an A+ (for extra awesome) on your teacher report card!
39 Creative Lesson Ideas and Educational Crafts for School Kids
Table of Contents:
Do you have a budding biologist or a fledgling physicist? Perhaps a kid chemist? In any case, these kids science projects and scientific craft explorations will inspire kids to create and discover! Learning can be fun with hands on educational crafts for school kids and homeschoolers. Perhaps you'll even find a great idea for kids science fair project ideas in here too. Discover something amazing through science!
- Water Bottle Rocket: Blast off with this wet and wild idea for kids science projects!
- Interactive Model Arms: These cool science crafts will help kids “reach” new levels of understanding!
- Investigating Insect Habitats: Go outside and see where all the bugs are hanging out!
- Make Your Own Magnifying Glass: Super sleuth scientists can get a closer look with this cool recycled kids craft!
- Catapult Paper Airplanes: Kids can explore trajectories and the physics of airplanes with these cool long-range paper planes.
- Homemade Hover Crafts: Science projects for kids like this are such a neat way to teach them about basic physics and mechanics at a very young age.
Kids only avoid reading if they don't realize that they can transport themselves through the pages to another world! If kids are reluctant to burrow into books at every opportunity, try making these fun reading activities and writing crafts for kids! Help kids get excited about reading by turning the task into an exciting game or helping them create something amazing. Work on developing their writing skills too, from the most basic alphabet lessons to more elaborate storytelling. With these amazing reading crafts, kids will be enthusiastic readers in no time!
- Paper Heart Corner Bookmark: These reading crafts are a fun way to mark your place!
- Story Cube Reading Game: Make these out of wooden blocks again and again to help kids with word recognition and reading comprehension.
- Alphabet Keepsake Book: Teach little ones the alphabet with this book of alphabetic word associations!
- Poetry Frame Art: Kids can choose their favorite poem and decorate it to give to friends and family.
- Fill-in-the-Blank Storytelling: Have kids fill in the blanks with nouns, verbs, adjectives and more to play fun writing games and tell a silly story.
- Phonics Flip Book: Little ones will quickly pick up new concepts from this tool for teaching phonics without a bunch of messy flashcards.
BONUS: This Reading Book Worm from FaveCrafts.com will help kids keep track of the books they have read!
Some people "count" themselves lucky that they are done with math, but these great math crafts are a great way to illustrate mathematical concepts to kids in a creative and hands-on way. Educational crafts for school kids and homeschoolers like these math games and craft ideas make learning geometry, addition, subtraction and more into a fun activity that kids will love. They'll master difficult math concepts in no time, and they won't even realize that they are studying! Kids will quickly calculate complex equations in no time, and little ones will be counting like crazy!
- Number Word Matching Chart: For little mathematicians, number words can be difficult to spell and recognize, so use this magnetic chart to make a game of it!
- Platonic Solids Geometric Shapes: These stunning folded paper crafts are easy to make with a printable template, and they are perfect for teaching kids about three-dimensional figures.
- Cookie Fraction Game: Kids will go kooky for this cookie math game!
- Number Line Addition and Subtraction Game: Print out a board game to master basic math skills!
- Geometric Toothpick Sculptures: Make all sorts of geometric shapes with some clay and toothpicks!
- Whale of a Math Lesson: Kids will make an origami whale and learn about isoceles triangles, lines of symmetry and more!
- DIY Geoboard: Make a cool geoboard for kids to make basic shapes!
Art class is the best place for a child's creativity to flourish! Art class crafts are crucial to a child's education because they teach children the hand-eye coordination and creative thought process. Art teachers help children create something completely original by teaching classic techniques to their students. With open-ended lessons and the freedom of inspiration, children can explore art class crafts to their hearts content and make amazing works of art.
- Fallen Leaf Bowls: These art projects for kids make wonderful gifts for relatives!
- Pipe Cleaner Mannequins: Learn about body proportions with kids art projects like this!
- Chihuly Art: Make a classroom version of Dale Chihuly's amazing glass artwork for every age!
- Scratch Art Effect: Make cool design by scraping paint off of a rainbow background for amazing educational art projects.
- Still Life Flower Vases: Make a wonderful piece of artwork that stands on its own with the whole class, and teach the still life technique!
- Dali's Melting Clocks: Clay crafts for kids like these brilliant melting clocks teach kids about famous artists and surrealism.
- Farmer King's Chess Set: One kid can make all of these, or a whole class can contribute to make this cool clay chess set.
Music is one of the most important of creations because it lifts spirits, exercises the body and allows for creative expression. Children can create their own instruments and play them in music class with these amazing homemade instruments for kids. Simple materials can create the most amazing of sounds, and young children in particular will enjoy exploring the combination of sounds and rhythms with these wonderful homemade instrument ideas.
- Tubular Jingle Bells: This bells jingle, jangle and ring to the rhythm of the music!
- Easter Egg Maracas: Reuse old Easter eggs for easy homemade musical instruments.
- Golden Fairy Bells: These look and sound lovely with acorn tops!
- Rockin' Recycled Guitar: Play up a storm on this neat rubber band guitar for toddlers and preschoolers!
- Rainsticks: Make a traditional Native American craft for music class for a nice rain effect in the background of your songs!
Take kids on a journey across the entire globe without ever leaving the classroom! Kids learn about world cultures and history in Social Studies, and you can reinforce these lessons and help kids memorize important information by making these educational crafts for school kids. Creative lesson ideas like these use a more hands-on approach, which children will love to make as they learn about different countries and cultures throughout history. Make your own version of crafts from world arts and cultures, and these cultural crafts will become invaluable history lesson activities for school kids that will teach them to celebrate diversity throughout the world.
- Egyptian Cat Mummies: The ancient Egyptians mummified cats because they were thought to be holy. Kids can make these cool cultural crafts when exploring history lessons about the ancients.
- Worldly Wise Globe: Kids can make these papier mache projects to help them remember where countries are on the globe.
- Chinese Scroll Paintings: These decorative wall hangings look just like traditional Chinese artwork.
- African Tribal Masks: When studying African cultural lessons, kids can make these amazing masks to honor their cultural practices.
- American Indian Medicine Bag: Medicine men used to carry these when Native Americans flourished throughout what is now the United States.
- Mexican Maracas: When studying Latin America, kids can make these amazing homemade musical instruments that celebrate Mexican culture.
- Venetian Architecture Reflection Art: Kids will learn about Italian art with these wonderful paint projects for kids.
Looking for more creative lesson activities? Check out 29 Back to School Craft Ideas for Kids for more great ideas!