Top 50 Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids
By: Jaclyn Holtzman, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Take a moment to reflect on the past year, and ask yourself: What was your favorite new toy you got? Which was the best meal you ate? Who did you become best friends with? What was your favorite craft that you made?
Chances are, your favorite craft is one of our favorite crafts. Check to see if you can find it below. If you can't, well then you are in for a treat, for only better crafts are to come in your future. If you do see your pick, then you've got great taste, and we've got some other awesome crafts to match. We have gathered the Top 50 Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids by tracking your likes and dislikes. You can't go wrong with any of the crafts that made it onto this elite list of the most popular crafts of 2012. As this is AllFreeKidsCraft's first year, these crafts are making history, and so are you.
This year, you loved many of the Christmas crafts, Thanksgiving crafts, and Halloween crafts. What a holiday bunch you are! That means that come October 2013, you're going to know all of the absolute best projects to make. And who says you can't be thankful in July or spook out Grandma in March? Holidays are all-year-long these days, so if you get the sudden urge for inspiration in the form of an ornament (your number one craft!) in April, then by all means, there is no better time.
Green crafting has been a huge hit this year, and you kiddos were right on trend. Crafting with recycled materials will no doubt continue to rise in popularity, so make sure you've made all of the most popular and affordable recycled crafts. Helping the environment is always in style, and so is learning. We admire your ambitions; how to finger knit, sew, and finger crochet were among the must-make crafts of the year. While learning with crafts is a ton of fun, having fun with crafts is even more fun. Do not miss out on having a glowingly wonderful bathtime or making your own boogers. Kids will be kids!
If you missed out on any of the top 50 crafts, you didn't actually miss out. There is no deadline for the best, so get started now, and show all of your friends that you've got crafting style.
Top 50 Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids
Table of Contents
Christmas Crafts for Kids
How to Finger Knit and Sew
Fall Kids' Crafts
Paint Ideas for Kids
Recycled Crafts for Kids
Kids' Thanksgiving Crafts
Halloween Ideas for Kids
Activities for Kids to Play and Pretend
Other Favorite Crafts for Kids
No wonder you love Christmas crafts for kids; it's the most wonderful time of the year. Amazingly festive Christmas crafts were among your favorites, especially the wallet-friendly ones. Handmake ornaments for the holidays that inspire, dazzle, and sparkle and save you a little green along the way.
- Inspirational Ornaments
- Feather Angel Ornaments
- Dollar Store Cork Ornaments
- Paper Plate Christmas Trees
- Waterless Snow Globes
Learn to knit, crochet, and sew as a kid, and you'll be set. Finger knitting is an extremely popular trend that has definite staying power, and it allows even the littlest fingers to create rugs, scarves, headbands, bracelets, and more. Your favorite pattern to knit is the hula hoop rug, and probably because it's awesome! The rug makes a great centerpiece in any room.
Fall in love with the most popular autumnal crafts of 2012. The crafting world can't get enough of leaves; there are just so many fun ways to use them. These crafts are must-makes whether the leaves are falling off of the trees or just growing back. Other kiddos love these fun, endearing projects and you will too.
Painting is old news, but painting in creative ways using never-before-seen methods is just the coolest. As if bubble wrap isn't fun enough already, you can use it to make a really unique and awesome-looking work of art. Even more fun, perhaps, is popping one of your very own paintings in the microwave and watching it rise right before your eyes. You've got to try these favorite paint ideas for kids.
- Bubble Wrap Art
- QT Q-Tip Painting
- Painted Dotty Dishtowels
- Sssecret Admirer Pipe Cleaner Paintings
- Remarkable Rising Paint
- Tropical Reef Fish
The most popular category of 2012: green crafting. Go kids! Recycled crafts are all-around wonderful projects to make. They look absolutely awesome, they save money, and they save the environment. You can make the cutest owls you ever did see with toilet paper tubes and coffee filters. You can't help but fall in love with these great, do-gooder crafts.
- Recycled Sleeve Placemat Weave
- Recycled Cardboard and Yarn Snowflakes
- Toilet Tube Hooty Owls
- Recycled Kaleidoscope Crayons
- Delightful Recycled Daisies
- Use Your Yarn Animal Sculptures
- Bottle Top Turtles
AllFreeKidsCraft's readers are not chickens, which is why you love crafting turkeys. It probably doesn't hurt either that the kids' Thanksgiving crafts on the site are too cute for words. A really great year-round craft is the Corn-y Tissue Paper Thanksgiving Décor. It barely costs anything, and it is a really fun decoration to hang around the house. Have a corny home all year long to keep the kids laughing.
- Clay Pot Turkeys
- Precious Pine Cone Turkey
- Spiffy Styrofoam Cup Turkeys
- Fruit and Cheese Turkey
- Corn-y Tissue Paper Thanksgiving Décor
- Thankful Tree
Zombies, Lego men, and bats, oh my! Halloween is the best holiday for kids. You get to dress up as a hero, a villian, an animal, an upside-down man, or anything else you want, and you get candy for it! It doesn't get better than that, so no wonder you love crafting for the spookiest holiday of the year.
- Monster Snot
- Flash-Eyed Bat
- Handprint Black Cats
- Zany Clothespin Zombies
- Lego Costume
- Rumpled Halloween Wreath
- Upside-Down Man Costume
Get ready to have the most fun bath of your life as it glistens and glows while you're in it. Use the ever-so-precious Dinosaur Egg Soap that you made to scrub-a-dub-dub. The historians may be a bit angry that you destoryed a key to the past, but you're having a blast, so keep on bathing to the twinkling lights of your fairytale jars. The fun crafts list goes on and on and on even further. Play and pretend like the fun kid that you are.
- Kool Aid Play Dough
- Neon Lights Nighttime Bath
- Dinosaur Egg Soap
- Fairytale Twinkle Jars
- Dreamy Ruffled Teepee
- Make Your Own Boogers
Since kids think out of the box, as they are encouraged to do, sometimes their favorite things seem a bit scattered as well. Here are the favorited crafts that didn't necessarily fit with the others, but still made the list for good reasons. The kiddos love their Mamas, origami shapes, and faux stained glass windows. But most of all, they like having fun, and that's what all of the top 50 crafts are.
- DIY Vases for Mother's Day
- Wash Cloth Lollipops
- Duct Tape Flower Bouquet
- Platonic Solids Geometric Shapes
- Cellophane Stained Glass Window
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- What's the Weather? Felt Board
- Popsicle Stick Flower
- Top 50 Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids
- Colorful Spring Butterfly Suncatcher
- Coffee Cup Lid Snowman Ornament
- Cupcake Liner Flower Craft
- Magic Masking Tape Snowflake Paintings for Kids
- Recycled Cd Turkey Kid Craft
- Spring and Summer Collage
- DIY Haunted House
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Paper Mache and 7 Paper Mache Crafts for Kids
- The Paper Playhouse Review
- 21 STEM Activities for Kids
- Christmas Ornament Yarn Craft for Kids
- Wrapping Paper Melted Crayon Craft
- Pilgrim Recycled Craft Idea
- Recycled Bat Halloween Craft
- Turkey Cup and Placemat Thanksgiving Craft
- Thanksgiving Turkey Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Turkey Craft Puppet