Majestic Clothespin Butterflies
Clothespin crafts for kids are all the rage right now because they are simple and fun. These Majestic Clothespin Butterflies are the perfect project idea for your little ones to do because kids love butterfly crafts. This is such a neat idea for creating colorful butterflies! Your little crafters will have a blast with this project. Kids always love to paint crazy designs, and now they get to do that while they make some of the cutest and most unique butterflies ever. Crafting does not get any better than this!
- 2 round slotted clothespins (also called doll pins)
- Black paint
- 2 tiny googly eyes
- Black pipe cleaner
- 1 sheet of copy paper
- Watercolor paints
- White craft glue
- Paint the clothespins black and set aside to dry.
- Paint the piece of paper with the watercolor paints. Don't leave any white areas; paint the whole thing and be as colorful as you can! Set aside to dry.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the clothespin. Then set aside to dry.
- When the pieces of painted paper are dry, cut the painted paper in half so that you have two 5"x8" (approximately) pieces.
- Starting at the 5" side, fold paper up accordion style. Repeat for the second painted paper.
- Stretch the paper out. With the clothespin laying on the table, insert the 5" side of the paper, painted side facing up, into the clothespin's slot.
- Gather the paper up into the slot by pulling and pushing the paper a little at a time. Spread the wings out and shape them.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half. Wrap it around the neck of the clothespin so that the open ends are in the back.Twist it closed around the neck.
- Bend the two ends up so that the stick up behind the head. Trim to desired length for your antennae.