The Paper Hat Book
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Unlock your child's imagination with the stunning projects in The Paper Hat Book. Once your little one flips through this collection of jaw-dropping paper headpieces, dress up will never be the same. This book contains twenty quick and easy designs that can be made from materials you have on hand.
Artist, designer, and author Alyn Carlson is a paper crafter whose pieces have been featured in blogs and magazines such as Uppercase and Redbook. Some of Alyn's most whimsical and inventive designs appear in The Paper Hat Book, and with her careful guidance, you can recreate them for your child. While these gorgeous crafts don't need an excuse to be made, they are especially great for play dates, birthday parties, and Halloween.
Teach your children about the 3 R's–Reduce, Reuse, Recycle–as you craft. Newspapers, discarded storybooks, and junk mail are just a few examples of the items you can use to make the projects in The Paper Hat Book. Put the finishing touch on your little princess's ensemble with an Aqua Goddess crown made from magazine pages. Or, transform your junior scallywag into a full-fledged captain with a Pirate hat fashioned out of paper grocery bags. Tutorials are organized by level of difficulty to make finding a suitable project even simpler.
The Paper Hat Book is divided into four sections by style: Headband Hats, Folded Hats, Cone Hats, and Brim Hats. Every chapter ranges in theme from elegant floral hats (perfect for garden parties) to elaborate animal-inspired creations (children's party activity), and everything in between. Dragonflies, Vikings, butterflies, and superheroes all get their turn in this beautifully-photographed book. No matter what your child's passion, The Paper Hats Book makes it fun to play pretend.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Celebrate the season of sunshine and carnivals with a Cotton Candy Puffy Paint Craft. This clever imitation looks just like the real… Continue reading: "Cotton Candy Puffy Paint Craft"
- MADE BY DAD: 67 Blueprints for Making Cool Stuff Review
- The Paper Hat Book
- Chance to win Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books!
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts Review
- Gardening Lab for Kids
- Chance to win Origami Finger Puppets!
- Enter to win a copy of 51 Things to Make with Cardboard Tubes!
- Art Lab for Little Kids Review
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
- 3D Art Lab for Kids Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Make Cute Paint Pour Flower Pots
- Printable Night Skies Coloring Page
- Printable Rainbow Templates
- Toilet Paper Roll Satellite Craft
- Heart Suncatcher
- Diy Valentine's Day Shaker Cards
- Paper Cup Turkey Craft
- Mouse Bookmark
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids
- St Patrick’s Day Gnomes Coloring Pages
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More