Baby Plant Craft
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Use old baby food jars for growing grass. Great for seeing how the plant system works, as well as making some very unique table decorations."
Time to CompleteUnder 30 minutes
MaterialsNature Crafts, Recycled Crafts
Age GroupToddlers, Preschool & Kindergarten, Elementary School
- Old, clean baby food jar
- Peat moss
- Grass seed
- Poster marker
Great for science lessons too!
Moisten peat moss.
Fill baby food jar about half way with wet peat moss.
Sprinkle grass seed liberally in jar. Stop when it appears to be about 50% covered in seed on the surface.
Place jar in sunny area and keep moistened. Wait about 7 days for grass to fully grow.
Optional: Write a message on the jar with a poster marker.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Monarchs are one of the more rare butterflies, but with this precious butterfly craft, you can see them all year round. Monarch… Continue reading: "Monarch Butterfly Symmetry Art"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- A Great Avengers Paper Puppet Craft
- Dollar Store Walt Disney Quote Sign
- Avengers Free Printable Coloring Book
- Disney Princes Free Printable Coloring Book
- Disney Princess Free Printable Coloring Book
- Diy Inside Out Board Game
- Diy Yoda Plush
- A Scavenger Hunt Fit For Snow White
- Star Wars Free Printable Coloring Book
- Window Art Free Printables
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More