Make Pompom Fun Shapes Kit Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
The Make Pompom Fun Shapes Kit is a great way to keep kids entertained for hours. Pompoms are a fun way to show your creativity because of their versatility in design and color. This kit comes with six colors of lightweight acrylic yarn that measure up to 30 meters each, four plastic pompom makers in both large and small sizes, and an instructional booklet with ideas for projects.
To create pompoms with these plastic makers, you must wrap the yarn around each side individually (the two sides do not need to be connected by yarn), slip the plastic pieces together, and snip around the edge. Then, you carefully remove the plastic pompom maker, and tie a piece of yarn around your new pompom. You can trim the pompom down to your preferred size, but the amount of yarn the instructions tell you to use will give you a large and very fluffy pompom. The snipping part can be difficult for kids to do, as first instinct would tell you to wrap the yarn tightly around the plastic. This causes difficulty using scissors while cutting the yarn from the plastic pompom maker, and you may want to wrap the yarn more loosely or lower the number of wrapped sections the instructions tell you to do. However, once you have this part figured out and decide what is best for your needs, this pompom maker is simple to use and I can see being able to make many of these patterns.
This kit's yarn is great for these pompoms because it is lightweight and helps with their fluff and ability to hide the tie, but there is not a lot of it. I used this kit to make the apple pattern you see on the front, and it used nearly the entire portion of yarn. While looking through and deciding which pattern I wanted to try, I noticed that there are many colors in the instructional booklet that do not come with the pompom kit. For example, the hamburger pattern has different shades of brown and tan, while the kit comes with only one color of brown. Keep this in mind if you expect to be able to make each design in the instructions at least once, because you will want to purchase supplementary yarn while buying the kit.
The instructional booklet is certainly more of a guide than anything, and you may have to rely on your own teachings to learn the basics of how to get started. Once you know how to make the actual pompoms, they were a breeze to make and turn out nicely. The rest of the instructions in the booklet (the ones with patterns for shapes), are very straightforward; essentially, they tell you where to place the yarn and how many times to wrap each color around the pompom maker.
These DIY pompoms would be great to tie onto a strand of white Christmas lights and hang in a bedroom, as well as making a fun table decoration for any events you have coming up.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Indoor Bingo Game
- Free Printable Summer Word Scramble For Kids
- Free Summer Printable Lego Challenge
- Free Printable Backyard Bingo Game
- Dad Rocks Paperweight
- Free All About My Dad And All About My Grandpa Printables For Kids
- Free Printable Summer Word Search For Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable
- Diy Repurposed Can Lego Head
- How To Make Friendship Bracelets
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More