27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Easy Peasy Paper Butterflies
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Butterflies are some of the most beautiful creatures in the great outdoors, but they can be hard to catch! Put away your net and try making these Easy Peasy Paper Butterflies. These sweet butterfly art projects are even easier than they look! Just cut, fold, and tie and you've got a bright little critter ready to lighten up your home, no matter what the season. Plus, this paper craft makes a great birthday paper favor or group craft project. Your kids will love using pretty paper to craft their very own butterfly friends.
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Age GroupPreschool & Kindergarten, Elementary School
Read NextCardboard Tube Alligator
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Aug 25, 2017
Yes, I could see that these might be a challenge for the younger child to master, but for older kids it would be so much fun to create! As an added embellishment, you could brush on some glitter to the wings before folding with some thinned white glue or even glue on some tiny beads after folding if the kids are older. Hang with some clear fishline or thread and watch them flutter! Super idea!
Apr 30, 2017
These are very pretty paper butterflies, but the pre-school or K level may be stretching it a bit. At least half of the first grade Sunday school class I tried this with needed help folding, they do not have the ability to cut notches, and the wires were too difficult for them to work with. Id suggest 2nd or 3rd grade. It takes sharp scissors to cut through all the folded layers, and wire ends can be sharp. The finished butterflies make lovely mobiles, and if you hang them they really do flutter in even a slight breeze.
Mar 31, 2017
My Mam just loves butterflies, this could be a great craft for me to do with my Niece and Nephew to do and let them give it to their Granny as a present or put on a handmade Birthday card for her. I think all three of them would enjoy this.
Feb 28, 2017
This butterfly project is perfect for a party decoration. Its so beautiful, and the most important thing its so simple. We can make a lot in no time. This project also great for a craft activity in the party. Im sure the little guests will be happy to do this craft.
Oct 12, 2016
I love simple butterfly crafts like this.
Oct 01, 2016
These are such a girly cute craft! I don't know that my daughter would be able to complete this project by herself but this would make for a great party decoration for a toddler birthday party with a garden or fairy theme!
Sep 28, 2016
Beautiful butterflies! It is so nice to find projects that use such simple supplies and are inexpensive, in addition to being so pretty. What a beautiful party you must have had. This is the kind of project that could be made in so many colours. I wonder how these would look if some beads were strung onto the wire part before twisting?
Apr 22, 2016
How pretty! I love the idea of this - you could use so many different colors of paper for different effects.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Shaving Cream Marbled Paper
Let your kids channel their inner abstract artist with this fantastically fun Shaving Cream Marbled Paper craft. Your kids can create… Continue reading: "Shaving Cream Marbled Paper"
- Cardboard Tube Alligator
- Marionette Puppy Puppet
- Thrifty Cardboard Owl Craft
- Farm Animal Painted Rocks
- Animal Crafts for Kids: 27 Crafts with Toilet Paper Rolls
- Easy Lion and Lamb Puppets
- Woodland Creatures Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Majestic Clothespin Butterflies
- Toilet Paper Roll Peacock
- Deep-Sea Painted Rock Fish Craft
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Carnival Word Search For Kids
- Super Mario Perler Beads: How To Enjoy These Fun Crafts (10 Free Patterns)
- 7 Cool Ways To Decorate Easter Eggs
- How To Make Seed Bombs
- Paper Bag Bee
- Make Your Own Sidewalk Chalk: An Easy And Fun Project For Kids
- Free Chicken Coloring Pages And Activities For Kids
- Free Spring Coloring Pages
- Printable Big Flower Coloring Pages
- Free Printable April Coloring Pages
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More