Plastic Lid Snowman Art Project
Believe it or not, some of the best art projects for kids come from the recycle bin! This Plastic Lid Snowman Art Project is one of the greatest ways to use up your extra materials. With this winter craft for kids, your little ones can use up extra bottle caps, paper scraps, and even fabric as they create this cute work of art. This thrifty snowman craft is a great boredom buster for the winter months, and it would also be an affordable (and adorable!) art project for students to make.
- White plastic lids
- Light blue and white card stock
- Orange toothpick
- Small pom poms
- Black paint pen
- Fabric scraps
- Tools: scissors, glue stick, white craft glue
- Tear white card stock in half lengthwise and use glue stick to attach it to the light blue card stock as the snow.
- Pipe white glue onto the bottom of each plastic lid and stick to the card stock canvas, creating snowmen.
- Cut an orange toothpick in half and glue to the snowmen for noses. Use a black paint pen to add eyes and mouths.
- Use pom poms as earmuffs, gluing them to the side of the snowman's head. Glue buttons in place.
- Cut felt or fabric into scarves and glue in place.
- Cut fabric scraps into a sun, tree and clouds. Add any other embellishments that you like!