This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"Summer is just around the corner and what better motivation for your kids to read than an adorable flamingo bookmark to keep their place? These fun bookmarks are a great craft to do with your kids. They will love having their very own bookmark to keep mark their place as they read different books this summer and throughout the rest of the year. With just paper, a sharpie, glue, a pencil, and scissors, this craft will get your kids in the right mood for the rest of summer!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Construction paper
- Cardstock Paper
- Craft Glue
Select construction papers (including pink) for the papercraft flamingo pattern.
Trace the body, the wing, wing texture and the blush patterns on 2 or 3 different shades of pink construction paper.
Trace the legs on black or brown construction paper and trace the beak on white paper.
Cut out the traced patterns nicely.
Attach the blush cut-out near the bottom side of the head part.
Attach the wing texture cut-out along the scalloped border side of the wing cut-out.
Use a black sharpie to trace and fill the flamingo beak pattern on the white beak cut-out.
Attach the beak to the front side of the head part.
Use the sharpie to draw the eye of the papercraft flamingo, above the blush pattern.
Attach the wing pattern on the body pattern, keeping the scalloped border facing the tail of the main body pattern.
Prepare the bookmark base from cardstock paper.
Attach the 2 leg cut-outs along the bottom side of the papercraft flamingo pattern.
Attach the bottom side of the main body pattern with the bookmark base but make sure to keep the legs free from glue.
To use the flamingo papercraft pattern as a bookmark, slide a page between the bookmark base and the legs of the papercraft flamingo.
Read NextSuper Cute Toilet Paper Roll Animals
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Instead of waiting weeks for flowers to bloom, make your own pre-bloomed flowers. It's not as hard as it sounds with the convenient… Continue reading: "Printable Tulips"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- Monkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Ladybug Worksheets
- Butterfly Worksheets
- Shark Tissue Paper Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More