This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Owl Paper Bag Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This adorable owl paper bag puppet is fun to both make and play with! Use art supplies you likely have in your home, and spend time with your child as you trace, cut, paste, and decorate your owl. With simple, easy to follow instructions and tips to get creative with your owl paper bag puppet, kids will have fun picking the colors to create their owl and make it their own. Afterwards, enjoy some creative play with your new owl paper bag puppet."
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored papers
- Paper bag
- Craft glue
- Printable template
Select different colored papers for the owl paper bag puppet. Trace and cut out the pattern from the selected papers. The template includes head, face, eyes, beak, wings, and legs.
Attach the face cutout on the head cutout.
Attach the eye cutouts and the beak inside the face pattern.
Select the paper bag.
You can cut the paper bag short if necessary. Trace and cut out a piece of colored craft paper to cover either side of the paper bag, which will be the front side of the puppet.
Attach the paper cutout on either side of the paper bag.
Flatten the bottom side of the bag and then attach the head of the papercraft owl on the bottom side.
Attach the wing cutouts on both sides of the paper bag and attach the leg cutouts on the bottom side (open side of the bag) of the paper bag owl puppet to complete the craft
Tips: Use googly eyes or decorative edge scissors to add some fun detail to your owl. Let your kids pick out a variety of paper colors to make their puppets uniquely their own!
Read NextEgg Carton Frog
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Happy Halloween Coloring Page
- Printable Fall Bookmarks
- Step-by-step Rising Water Experiment
- Fun Experiment: Dancing Raisins
- Fun Experiment: Dancing Grapes!
- Colorful Gobstopper Science Fun
- Dancing Pepper And Soap: Unveiling Water's Hidden Power!
- Create Your Own Ocean: Fun Jar Experiment!
- Make Rain Indoors: Fun Jar Experiment!
- Ice Magic: Learn How To Freeze Water In Seconds!
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More