This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Paper Bag Police Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Calling all police recruits! Craft this adorable Paper Bag Police Puppet to add some magic to playtime. If your child wants to be a police officer when they grow up, they’ll really enjoy making this puppet look exactly like them! They can make one for every member of the family to form the ultimate police squad. With just construction paper, a paper bag, a pencil, blue sticks, sharpies, and scissors, your police craft will be ready for pursuit!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Construction paper
- Paper bag
- Glue sticks
Grab your colored paper for the skin tone and one for the hair. Select blue paper for the uniform and hat, yellow for the badges, black for the tie and belt, and brown for the shoes.
Trace and carefully cut out each piece.
Glue the hair cutout on the top of the head cutout (the straight end). Glue the hands to the sleeves and glue the buckle to the belt.
Glue the small badge to the hat, then glue the hat to the top of the head so that it is slightly overlapping the hair.
Glue the eyes onto the face and use a sharpie to draw on the mouth and nose of your puppet.
Grab your paper bag and use it to trace a body pattern on a blue piece of craft paper. Glue the body to the paper bag so it covers the front of the puppet.
Glue the belt and buckle across the middle of the body.
Flatten the bottom of the paper bag and glue the head to the bottom side. The open side of the bag will become the bottom of the puppet.
Next, glue on the tie and larger badge above the belt on the top part of your puppet. Glue the arms to the sides of the puppet.
Finally, glue on the shoes to the bottom of the puppet and use a sharpie to draw a line to create the appearance of legs. Now you’ve got your very own Paper Bag Police Puppet!
Read NextChristmas Charades
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Kids love building and designing their own creations. Well now you can inspire their creativity even more with these Incredible Kids… Continue reading: "Incredible Kids Velcro Dot Building Sticks"
- Christmas Charades
- Printable New Year's Word List
- Printable Valentine's Day Candy Dice Game
- Printable New Year's Word Scramble
- Printable I Spy New Year
- Table Soccer Free Printable Game
- Match Game Printables for Kids
- Printable New Year's Word Search Puzzle
- Glow-in-the-Dark Bowling Plastic Bottle Craft
- 48 Rainy Day Crafts and Cool Games for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Rainbow Templates
- Toilet Paper Roll Satellite Craft
- Heart Suncatcher
- Diy Valentine's Day Shaker Cards
- Paper Cup Turkey Craft
- Mouse Bookmark
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids
- St Patrick’s Day Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Rose Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Printable Dinosaur Valentines
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More