This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Little Red Riding Hood Paper Bag Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Do you remember the story of Little Red Riding Hood? I know I do! It was a childhood favorite. Well, now you can make your very own Little Red Riding Hood Paper Bag Puppet of her using just a paper bag and some simple cutting and drawing skills. This is a great project for kids, and it’s super easy with this template. So get out your scissors and markers, and let’s get started! By using a paper bag, scissors, a glue stick, and construction paper watch as your imagination unfolds! "
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Paper Bag
- Glue Stick
- Construction Paper
Select colored craft papers for the little red riding hood papercraft figure. The template includes the head, hair, the top part of the cloak (hood), the body part of the cloak, shoes, arms, sleeves, apron, blush patterns, and a bow. Trace and cut out the patterns from the selected craft papers. You can also cut out a simple basket pattern from brown colored craft paper.
Glue the hair cutout along the top side of the head cutout, glue the arm cutouts with the sleeve cutouts (on the straight side), and glue the small round cutout in the middle of the bow cutout.
Glue the head pattern on the hood cutout, near the round side of the hood.
Glue the bow pattern on the bottom-middle part of the hood. Use a sharpie to draw the face of the papercraft red riding hood figure.
Select a brown paper bag or use craft paper to make your own custom sized paper bag. Measure and cut out a piece of paper to cover any one side of the paper bag (this will be the front side of the paper bag).
Attach the apron cutout on the prepared paper.
Glue the cloak base cutout near the closed side of the paper bag, above the apron pattern.
Glue the show cutouts along the open side of the paper bag.
Flatten the bottom side of the paper bag with the dress (paper bag) and glue the head pattern on the flattened bottom side of the paper bag.
Glue the paper arm patterns on both sides of the paper bag puppet.
Attach a paper basket on either hand of the paper bag little red riding hood puppet to complete the craft.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Whether it's Mother's Day or the little ones just need a gift to give for their grandmother, coffee filter crafts offer the perfect… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers"
- What to Make with Popsicle Sticks: 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- 44 Best 4-H Project Ideas Ever
- Snowflake Rainbow Loom Charms
- 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle Schoolers
- 3D Ladybug Rainbow Loom Charm
- 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
- Shiny Rocket Craft
- DIY Christmas Ornaments with Pom Pom Gnome
- Rainbow Loom Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Water Bottle Penguin Craft
- Nativity Ornament Craft For Kids
- Simple Happy Birthday Cake Topper
- 60 Best Christmas Would You Rather Questions For A Festive Holiday
- Merry Christmas Banner
- Gift Boxes Coloring Page
- Christmas Penguin Handprint Template
- Mitten Countdown Calendar
- Christmas Angel Treat Bags
- Coffee Creamer Snowmen
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More