This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Little Red Riding Hood Paper Bag Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Do you remember the story of Little Red Riding Hood? I know I do! It was a childhood favorite. Well, now you can make your very own Little Red Riding Hood Paper Bag Puppet of her using just a paper bag and some simple cutting and drawing skills. This is a great project for kids, and it’s super easy with this template. So get out your scissors and markers, and let’s get started! By using a paper bag, scissors, a glue stick, and construction paper watch as your imagination unfolds! "
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Paper Bag
- Glue Stick
- Construction Paper
Select colored craft papers for the little red riding hood papercraft figure. The template includes the head, hair, the top part of the cloak (hood), the body part of the cloak, shoes, arms, sleeves, apron, blush patterns, and a bow. Trace and cut out the patterns from the selected craft papers. You can also cut out a simple basket pattern from brown colored craft paper.
Glue the hair cutout along the top side of the head cutout, glue the arm cutouts with the sleeve cutouts (on the straight side), and glue the small round cutout in the middle of the bow cutout.
Glue the head pattern on the hood cutout, near the round side of the hood.
Glue the bow pattern on the bottom-middle part of the hood. Use a sharpie to draw the face of the papercraft red riding hood figure.
Select a brown paper bag or use craft paper to make your own custom sized paper bag. Measure and cut out a piece of paper to cover any one side of the paper bag (this will be the front side of the paper bag).
Attach the apron cutout on the prepared paper.
Glue the cloak base cutout near the closed side of the paper bag, above the apron pattern.
Glue the show cutouts along the open side of the paper bag.
Flatten the bottom side of the paper bag with the dress (paper bag) and glue the head pattern on the flattened bottom side of the paper bag.
Glue the paper arm patterns on both sides of the paper bag puppet.
Attach a paper basket on either hand of the paper bag little red riding hood puppet to complete the craft.
Read NextGoogly Eyes Bowl Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
While these trucks may work hard in the real world, kids craft ideas like this are surprisingly simple to bring to life. With a… Continue reading: "Easy Edible Construction Trucks"
- Googly Eyes Bowl Tutorial
- How to Make Kool Aid Foam
- 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- 44 Best 4-H Project Ideas Ever
- 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle Schoolers
- 26 Quick and Easy Crafts: One Hour or Less
- How to Plan a Party for Kids + Birthday Game Ideas
- Rainbow Loom Patterns
- 22+ Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids
- 30 Simple Craft Ideas for Kids to Make Under Thirty Minutes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Make Cute Paint Pour Flower Pots
- Printable Night Skies Coloring Page
- Printable Rainbow Templates
- Toilet Paper Roll Satellite Craft
- Heart Suncatcher
- Diy Valentine's Day Shaker Cards
- Paper Cup Turkey Craft
- Mouse Bookmark
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids
- St Patrick’s Day Gnomes Coloring Pages
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More