32 Outdoor Activities to Do with Kids
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
When it rains, it pours, but that won't keep the kids indoors. In fact, it takes a hail storm, a tornado, or a hurricane for kids to consider entering their bleak, boring houses. Of course, if you have crafts set up, it can be a blast inside. Still, that won't stop the kids from wanting to be outside any chance they get. Kiddos have so much fun digging in the dirt, playing lava monster on playground equipment, and running and ducking as they play tag. For more organized fun, though, AllFreeKidsCrafts has collected the best outdoor activities to do with kids. With a set activity, the kids are more likely to stay smart and stay safe. Dig into this list of 32 Outdoor Activities to Do with Kids and soon you'll be begging to go outside too.
Whether the sun is shining or the snow is quickly rushing down, there are wonderful and fun outdoor activities that will keep the kids happy and busy. If it's cold out, bundle up and partake in an Icy Treasure Hunt. As the weather begins to warm, ride through your neighborhood in style with the Kid-Made Go Kart. The cool breeze it lends you will feel just perfect against the spring air. If it's warm outside, the opportunities are endless. There are activities, kids' outdoor games, and crafts galore that are sure to keep you smiling through the long, hot days of summer. Keep cool with Spongeball Splashpants or build a faux sandcastle that won't get washed away. If the leaves are beginning to turn yellow and the temperature calls for sweatshirts and jeans, you know that it's the perfect time for leaf rubbings. There is no better specimen than a red, autumn leaf. Every season just begs for the perfect crafts and outdoor activities for kids.
32 Outdoor Activities to Do with Kids
Table of Contents
Creative Activities for Kids Outside
Outdoor Games for Kids
Outdoor Craft Activities for Kids
To keep the kids on their toes, go with the most creative outdoor activities for kids. When you choose outdoor activities to do with kids that allow them to interact with nature, like with the Wild Nature Walk Shoes, they can truly take advantage of the fresh air. No matter which one of these outdoor kids' activities you decide to try, make sure you and the kids are staying creative, innovative, and imaginative as they explore their surroundings.
- Kid-Made Go Kart
- Really Big Bubble Maker
- Wild Nature Walk Shoes
- Leaf Rubbings and Dappled Crayons
- Let's Go Fly a Kite
- Nature Lover's Notebook
- Welcome to Bug Village
- Good Ship Twiggy
- Little Styro Boats
- Water Bottle Flower Pot
- Prehistoric Dinosaur Gardens
- NEW! How to Make Paper Bag Kites
- NEW! Printable Playground Scavenger Hunt
- NEW! How to Make Paper Boats
A great way to keep kids busy for hours is with games. Kids' outdoor games keep the little ones active and thinking. Whether they're strategizing, laughing, counting to keep score, or running, outdoor games for kids are good for them. All of these fun outdoor activities are extremely affordable if not free, so you won't break the bank as you provide your children with hours of entertainment.
- Outdoor Checkers
- PVC Soccer Goals
- Spongeball Splashpants
- Icy Treasure Hunt
- NEW! Paper Plate Ring Toss
- NEW! Marshmallow Picking
Crafts are fun no matter what, but when you craft with fresh air surrounding you and the sun heating your face, everything seems a little bit brighter. The best part about outdoor craft activities for kids is that there is almost zero clean up! If you paint outside, the rain will wash it away. Doesn't that sound nice? Get your kids in touch with their surroundings as they express themselves with these crafty outdoor activities.
- Fab Fairy Queen Nature Wand
- Sand Castle Craft
- Pretty Painted Seashells
- Naturally Funny Faces
- Flying Friend Feeders
- Hanging Glass Butterfly Feeders
- Fly Bird Treat Garland
- Lovely Little LED Lanterns
- Woodland Fairy Folk
- NEW! Outdoor Water Balloon Painting
- NEW! How to Make Sidewalk Chalk
Looking for more outdoor crafts and activities for the kids? Check out Made with Nature: 52 Outdoor Crafts for Kids!
Where was your favorite place to play outside when you were a kid?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
"This hen and chick paper decoration will brighten up any room or window during the spring months. It is a simple craft for school… Continue reading: "Paper Hen and Chick Wall Decoration"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Valentine’s Day Bingo Free Printable
- Diy Bird Feeders
- Diy Pine Cone Flowers
- Valentine Deer Craft + Free Printable
- Cute Snowman Cupcakes
- Valentine’s Day Cards Kids Can Make
- Valentine’s Day Word Scramble Printable
- Diy Tie Dye Shoes
- Diy Kid’s Placemat
- Magic Potions For Kids
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More