How to Throw a Tea Party
Your little girl can throw the birthday party of the year with this charming DIY party guide to throwing the best tea party ever!
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Throw your little princess the perfect ladylike birthday bash by following this guide for how to throw a tea party. Girls of all ages will adore throwing a delicate and dainty tea party for their friends, from yummy and girly snacks to super fun crafts for girls and tea party games. We've even included a list of cool tea party themes, from the traditional English rose theme inspired by The Secret Garden to unexpected and awesome themes girls will love.
Make your daughter's birthday party go from basic to extraordinary this year with these fantastic DIY party ideas. We've got recipes, we've got DIY decorations and party favors, we've literally got it all, right here for you in one simple list. If you've been stumped on this year's birthday theme, then make sure to follow our step-by-step guide that covers everything you'll need to know to make your little girl's birthday extra special!
If you're looking for more great summer activities, then be sure to check out our free eBook for all of the warm weather crafts your kids could possibly want -
Throwing Your Tea Party
With all of these great DIY party crafts and activities, your little girl's birthday tea party is sure to be a dream come true. Follow these steps to throw a dainty tea party fit for a princess!
Choose your theme. The traditional tea party is modeled after classic English tea, a theme that uses china tea cups, flavorful biscuits (or cookies as we call them here in the US), and all things ladylike. Here's a list of traditional and not-so traditional ideas for your little one's tea party:
-The Secret Garden - Tons of flowery fun ideas and activities.
-Teddy Bear Tea - Girls can bring their own stuffed animal friends!
-Teatime in Paris - A great option where you can try out tasty French recipes.
-Fairy Princess - You can never go wrong with a princess theme!
-Mad Tea Party - Perfect for an Alice in Wonderland theme.
-Superhero Tea Time - Forget tradition and throw an awesome tea party that your daughter's friends won't forget.
Create your guest list, choose your date and time, and send invitations. Morning or afternoon tea are great ideas, although it's probably best to avoid scheduling your party during evening hours. Traditional tea is usually served around 3 pm, while luncheon tea is generally served at 11 am. Make sure to choose colorful invitations that match your theme.
Choose your menu. It isn't a tea party without tea, but a traditional tea party menu typically includes finger foods like small sandwiches, scones or cookies, fruit salad, and tea cakes or mini cupcakes. Be sure to check out the list below for super yummy edible crafts that your girls will love!
Set your tea table and add decorations. Add decorations that compliment your theme to your party venue. Whatever theme you choose, the most important part of your tea party is setting your table, so make sure to add details like actual china tea cups, cloth napkins, pretty place cards, and colorful centerpieces like fresh flowers. Feel free to add details like fairy lights, girly music, and DIY pennants or banners to add the perfect special touch.
Have lots of fun activities planned. While you can always have traditional games like musical chairs or croquet, try a few of these activities to make your daughter's party standout:
-Dress Up Station - Let girls try on kooky and fabulous costumes and make sure to have items like feather boas, crazy hats, and tutus.
-Tea Bag Hunt - Much like an Easter egg hunt, girls will love hunting for tea bags all over the backyard. Make sure to provide the winner with a lovely prize, like a take-home bag of cookies.
-Design Your Own Teacup - Give each little princess their own plain teacup to decorate however they like, with paint markers, jewel stickers, and washi tape.
Enjoy! Sit back and relax as your daughter throws the tea party of the century. We know every mom on the block will be begging for your tea party tips!
- For very young guests, try using a play tea set instead actual breakable teacups.
- Do not serve extremely hot tea to younger kids and always make sure teacups aren't too hot to hold.
- Have other drinks available, like milk, pink lemonade, or juice, for kids who prefer something else. Always check with parents about possible allergies when serving food and drink.
- Have extra outfits handy for kids who forgot to dress up.
- Have table activities like coloring pages so that little ones don't get bored.
- Avoid serving caffiene to younger guests.
- As a thank you to guests, make sure to provide lots of cute party favors.
Yummy Edible Crafts for Tea Time
Make your table super pretty with these scrumptious snack ideas. We've included savory and sweet, so that your entire party is covered.
Tea Party Activities and Ladylike Crafts
Tea parties are more than just yummy snacks! These activities are guaranteed to be a ladylike fit for every guest in attendance.
Tea Bag Flowers - Perfect For A Tea Party!
If you're looking for more excellent ideas on throwing the best birthday party ever, then you'll love our step-by-step guide for DIY birthdays! How to Plan a Party for Kids + Birthday Game Ideas
What are your favorite tea party ideas? Be sure to leave a comment below!
Read NextAlice Paper Tea Cups
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cute Kitten Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Printable Happy Halloween Coloring Page
- Printable Fall Bookmarks
- Step-by-step Rising Water Experiment
- Fun Experiment: Dancing Raisins
- Fun Experiment: Dancing Grapes!
- Colorful Gobstopper Science Fun
- Dancing Pepper And Soap: Unveiling Water's Hidden Power!
- Create Your Own Ocean: Fun Jar Experiment!
- Make Rain Indoors: Fun Jar Experiment!
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More