This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Mason Jar Aquarium
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Kids can create their own make-believe fish aquarium using a plastic mason jar. These darling mason jar aquariums make great bedroom decorations, and with the addition of submersible lights, make fun night lights too! Less mess and maintenance than a real fish tank, these mini aquariums are fun to make and look awesome. Kids can pick aquarium plants in their favorite colors and decide on fun fish or even a mermaid. The sky is the limit!"
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- 16- ounce plastic mason jar with lid
- Filtered water tap water works, but may be cloudy
- Plastic aquarium plants
- Aquarium gravel
- Plastic fish and/or figurines like mermaids
- Seashells starfish, etc
- Submersible candle lights optional, if you want these to be night lights
- Blue food coloring optional
NotesPlease visit Crafts by Amanda for the full tutorial!
Read NextFloating Fairies Glow Jar
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Christmas Angel Treat Bags
- Coffee Creamer Snowmen
- Printable Winter Mazes
- 5 Senses Of Winter Scavenger Hunt
- Holiday Wreath Countdown Calendar
- Christmas Bulb Holiday Countdown Calendar
- Cute Gnome Christmas Ornaments
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Turkey Inspired Craft
- 100 Thanksgiving Would You Rather Questions For The Whole Family
- Egg-citing Science: Fun Egg Experiments For Curious Kids!
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More