This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Cat Paper Bag Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"This adorable Cat Paper Bag Puppet is just what you need for the kitty lovers in your life! They are so easy to make, and you’ll spend hours of fun playing and imagining together! Paper bag Scissors Glue Stick Construction Paper Template Try using colored felt sheets to make your cat paper bag puppet extra soft and fuzzy! For some extra fun details, add some googly eyes, or a pom pom nose to your cute cat paper bag puppet! More Cat Ideas… Your kids will love to read 100 Cats: Cute Kitties to Count! They’ll have so much fun with this book full of charming rhymes and all the cute kitties they can count! Get out some playdough and make some cute kitties! Playdough is a great option for sensory play, tapping into your kids’ creativity and imagination while also developing hand strength and coordination. You’ll have so much fun together! "
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Decide a color for the cat paper bag puppet and select 2 different shades of that colored craft paper; we’re using 2 different shades of orange colored paper. Also, select pink colored paper for the inner ear patterns and the nose. cat pieces cut out Trace and cut out a piece of paper to cover either side of the selected paper bag, this would be the front side of the paper bag cat. Attach the spot cutouts on the tail, head, and body cutouts. Attach the inner ear cutouts in the middle of the ear parts of the head cutout.
Attach the nose and the eye cutouts on the head pattern. eyes glued on head Use a sharpie or gel pen to draw outlines of the eyes, mouth, and whiskers of the cat on the head pattern.
Attach the leg cutouts near the bottom side of the body pattern, keeping the round ends of the legs along the border. Attach the tail pattern on either side of the body cutouts, keeping the round end of the tail pointing upwards. tail and feet glued to body Now that the body pattern and the head pattern are ready, take the paper bag.
Attach the body pattern on either side of the paper bag. The legs should be on the open end of the paper bag. body glued to bag, head on side Attach the head pattern on the bottom side of the paper and then flatten the head part with the body part to complete the paper bag cat puppet craft.
Read NextPaper Autumn Leaves Wreath
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Scrappy Fabric Bowls
These Scrappy Fabric Bowls are such an awesome craft for using up your fabric scraps. The more scraps you have, the cooler these easy… Continue reading: "Scrappy Fabric Bowls"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Hello Spring Coloring Page
- Egg-scellent Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- Fun Bee Coloring Pages
- Fun Easter Coloring Pages
- Clay Pot Ladybug
- A Is For Alligator Alphabet Craft
- Printable Basketball Maze
- Paper Easter Basket Craft
- Free Spring Fun Word Search For Easy Activity With Kids
- Printable St. Patrick's Day Writing Prompt
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More