This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"This simple caterpillar craft was inspired by one of everyone's favorite children's books - The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The book is great for learning about the life cycle of a butterfly, story sequencing, and one-to-one-correspondence of numbers to objects. You can extend the learning even more with this fine motor skills craft using buttons. The instructions give tips on adapting the craft for different age children, making it easier or harder depending on the child's skill level."
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Age GroupPreschool & Kindergarten
Read NextClothespin Hungry Fish
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 22, 2017
As a former teacher, you could easily adapt this to a large felt board by attaching a bit of Velcro to the back of each button so,it sticks to the board and the kids can make the caterpillar form any pose! Another option is to glue the buttons onto,stiff card stack and make a greeting card for your special little one! Or decorate the outside of a picture frame with this cute fella! Super idea, thanks for sharing!
Editor for AllFree CrochetAfghanPatte rns
Jan 17, 2017
This is such a cute craft to make with older children. Obviously it's a bit dangerous for toddlers, but school-aged kids would love this; it would make cute decor for a birthday party, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers
Whether it's Mother's Day or the little ones just need a gift to give for their grandmother, coffee filter crafts offer the perfect… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Camping Coloring Page
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More