Clothespin Hippo and Zebra Magnets
A fun way for kids to display their animal crafts is to make them into magnets! Clothespin Hippo and Zebra Magnets will turn your fridge into a zoo of fun. Your little ones can finally display their other simple kids crafts in style. Clothespin crafts like this one are great for kids because they get to utilize so many different materials. The free printable template will make this project even easier! When your kids are able to use a bunch of different materials for a craft, they expand their creativity. Your kids will be wonderful artists in no time.
Who knew clothespins could be so fun? For more easy crafts using clothespins, take a peep at our selection of the best clothespin crafts! 36 Creative Clothespin Crafts for Your Little Ones
- 2 wooden clothespins
- Cardstock: white and light blue
- Markers: black, gray, pink
- 4 googly eyes
- 2 magnets
- White craft glue
- Glue stick
- Cut the hippo pattern from light blue card stock and the zebra pattern from white card stock.
- Use scissors to cut the zebra's mane in a zigzag type manner.
- Use a black marker to add the zebra's muzzle. Leave two small ovals for the nostrils.
- Color the zebra's mane with black marker.
- Follow the pattern as a guide and draw stripes on the zebra. (Hint: if you prefer, you can print the zebra pattern directly on the card stock and simply color in the snout!)
- Color in the nostrils with gray marker and the inside of the ears with pink.
- For the hippo, draw two nostrils with gray marker.
- Turn the hippo over, and cut teeth from white card stock. Glue the teeth to the back of the face with a glue stick.
- Pipe a line of glue onto the top of the clothespin. Attach the clothespin to the back of the hippo. Repeat for the zebra.
- Glue a magnet to the back of each clothespin.
Read NextPaper Hen and Chick Wall Decoration