This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
Dinosaur Handprint Craft
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Dinosaurs are fun for EVERYONE. This Dinosaur Handprint Craft is so fun and so easy for each and every kid in the house! This paper craft is a perfect personalized activity. Not only is it custom your littles hands BUT they can pick and choose whichever color they like to use for their own dinosaur. You can also add a magnet to the back of these papercrafts for a sweet fridge decoration to have in your kitchen!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored Craft Papers
- Acrylic Paint
- Craft Glue
Select a colored craft paper and the same colored acrylic paint for the dinosaur drawing.
Select a different colored craft paper for the spots.
Prepare the selected acrylic paint. Add a few drops of water if the paint is too thick or hard.
Wash, clean and dry your hands.
Use a thick paintbrush to apply the acrylic paint to the palm of your hand. Make sure to cover the palm nice and evenly.
Take a piece of white cardstock paper and press the painted palm against the paper. Keep the palm on the paper for a few seconds and then remove your hand gently from the paper.
Allow the paint to dry completely.
Use scissors to cut out the hand print from the paper.
Trace and cut out the dinosaur head (and neck) pattern and eyes from the template. The template includes 5 different sizes; you can select the size appropriate for your craft.
Cut out some small round shapes from a colored craft paper for the spots.
Attach the eye cutouts on the head part of the dinosaur paper cutout.
Use a sharpie to draw the mouth-line of the dinosaur.
Attach the dinosaur paper pattern with the hand-printed cutout, opposite to the thumb. The thumb will be the tail of the dinosaur.
Attach the small spots on the palm part of the hand-printed pattern to complete the craft.
Read NextEgg Carton Frog
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cute Kitten Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Printable Happy Halloween Coloring Page
- Printable Fall Bookmarks
- Step-by-step Rising Water Experiment
- Fun Experiment: Dancing Raisins
- Fun Experiment: Dancing Grapes!
- Colorful Gobstopper Science Fun
- Dancing Pepper And Soap: Unveiling Water's Hidden Power!
- Create Your Own Ocean: Fun Jar Experiment!
- Make Rain Indoors: Fun Jar Experiment!
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More