This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Paper Bag Dinosaur Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"Have a roaring time paper crafting this dinosaur puppet with children. It's easy, requires minimal materials, and promotes imagination and creativity in children. materials needed: Colored craft papers Paper bag Sharpie Craft glue Pencil Scissors Time to create: 15 minutes Use this paper bag puppet with a box and blanket for a curtain to create your own puppet show! It could be informational about the history of dinosaurs, a made up story, or simply a dinosaur walking, stomping and eating. There is a means to no end of what you can do!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored craft papers
- Paper bag
- Craft glue
Select 3 different shades of green colored craft papers along with pink and white papers. Trace the head, tail, legs and arms on a medium green colored paper, trace the head-scales and the tail-scales on dark green colored paper; trace the belly part on the other green colored paper. Trace the claws on white paper and the blush (round shapes) patterns on pink paper. Cut out the traced patterns nicely.
Attach the claw cutouts with the leg and arm cutouts.
Attach the tail scales along the top side of the tail cutout and attach the head scales on the top side of the head cutout.
Attach the eye and blush cutouts on the head pattern. Use a sharpie to draw the nose and mouth of the papercraft T-Rex
Select a paper bag and cut out a piece of green colored paper to cover either side of the paper bag (which will be the front side of the papercraft T-Rex).
Attach the green paper and cover the paper bag’s either side. Attach the belly cutout near the top side of the attached green paper, keeping the round edge facing down.
Flatten the bottom side of the paper bag. Attach the head pattern on the bottom part of the paper bag.
Attach the tail pattern on the right side of the paper bag.
Attach the leg patterns along the bottom side of the paper bag puppet (open side of the bag). Attach the arm patterns on both sides of the paper bag.
Read NextClothespin Hungry Fish
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers
Whether it's Mother's Day or the little ones just need a gift to give for their grandmother, coffee filter crafts offer the perfect… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Camping Coloring Page
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More