This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Paper Bag Lion Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This Paper Bag Lion Puppet is the perfect craft to create with your kids. Whether it is an animal day in science class or a fun activity to get excited for the zoo - this puppet is sure to bring laughs, roars, and excitement to your kids! It is so simple, so creative, and easy to put together! It is a great way for the kids to get imaginative and creative in their play time! Follow these simple instructions and create your own King of the Jungle! "
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored craft papers
- Paper bag
- Craft glue
Start by choosing your colored craft papers. You will need one sheet each in pink, light yellow, dark yellow, light orange, and dark orange. Once you have chosen your colors, trace the tail, body base, head, ear base, and leg patterns on the dark yellow paper. Next, trace the tail tip and big mane patterns on the dark orange colored craft paper. Then trace the inner ear patterns on the pink paper and the small mane pattern on the light orange sheet. Lastly, trace the mouth pattern on the light yellow paper. After you have traced all of the patterns, cut out the pieces.
With your craft glue, start attaching the pieces. First, create the tail by attaching the tail base cutout to the tail tip cutout. Then glue the small mane piece in the center of the big mane cutout. To create the ears, take the inner ear cut out and glue it in the center of the ear base piece. Then glue the ears onto the head cutout.
Glue the eyes onto the top portion of the head. Then glue the mouth cutout on the bottom portion of the head.
Use your sharpie or marker to draw the nose and the mouth of the papercraft lion puppet.
Grab your paper bag. If you do not have a paper bag handy, you can craft your own paper bag from brown wrapping paper. We will use the bottom side of the bag as the top side of our Paper Bag Lion Puppet.
Attach the leg pieces near the open end of the paper bag. Make sure to keep the paws facing outwards. Then glue the tail on either side of the paper bag.
Glue the body base cutout onto the bag above the legs to cover the paper bag’s outer surface.
Glue the completed head on the bottom flat side of the paper bag. Crease the bottom side of the bag to make sure it stays on the right side with the rest of the pattern.
Read NextSilly Owl Pine Cone Craft
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- God’s Eye Yarn Craft
- Printable Summer Crossword Puzzle For Kids
- Toilet Paper Roll Red Fox
- Papercraft Planet Cards
- Lorax Papercraft Puppet
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet
- Dragon Paper Bag Puppet
- Pom Pom Bunny Paper Plate Craft
- Free Superhero Coloring Pages
- Printable Space Coloring Page
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More