- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Crafting With Kids Book Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Crafting With Kids
Provided by Wiley Publishing, Inc.
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
It's difficult these days to tear kids away from their video games, television shows, and websites because the graphics are first-rate and the fun level is through the roof. Technology has finally met its match, though, in Crafting With Kids by Jennifer Casa. The crystal-clear photographs are serious competition for modern-day cartoons and the potential of fun tops any virtual world. While interaction is non-existent when it comes to technological entertainment, Crafting with Kids brings adults and kids together, encouraging relationship building and group brainstorming.
Image courtesy of Jennifer Casa
One of my favorite aspects of this 236-page book loaded with 75 awesome projects is that there are crafts for every time of the year. Casa includes projects that can be completed in the great outdoors as well as crafts for the colder months. That means that no matter what day of the year the urge to craft hits you, you will find the perfect project within the pages of Crafting with Kids.
Pictured right you can see one of the fabulous crafts imagined by Casa and brought to life by crafters like you. Each project is whimsical, fun, and original, and is coupled with step-by-step instructions, which explain every skill, trick, and tip. There are crafts in this beautiful book for kids of every age and skill level, ensuring that your entire family can participate in the creative process.
Next time your kids sigh the all-too-familiar, "I'm bored" line, instead of sending them to the computer, pull out your copy of Crafting with Kids and get creative with Jennifer Casa.
Read NextRubber Band Jewelry All Grown Up
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Scrappy Fabric Bowls
These Scrappy Fabric Bowls are such an awesome craft for using up your fabric scraps. The more scraps you have, the cooler these easy… Continue reading: "Scrappy Fabric Bowls"
- Rubber Band Jewelry All Grown Up
- MADE BY DAD: 67 Blueprints for Making Cool Stuff Review
- Hand in Hand: Crafting With Kids Review
- A Fun Way to Learn to Crochet for Kids
- Enter to win a copy of More Boredom Busters!
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts Review
- Find It, Make It Review
- Chance to win Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books!
- Pom-Poms! 25 Awesomely Fluffy Projects Review
- Gardening Lab for Kids Review
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Hello Spring Coloring Page
- Egg-scellent Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- Fun Bee Coloring Pages
- Fun Easter Coloring Pages
- Clay Pot Ladybug
- A Is For Alligator Alphabet Craft
- Printable Basketball Maze
- Paper Easter Basket Craft
- Free Spring Fun Word Search For Easy Activity With Kids
- Printable St. Patrick's Day Writing Prompt
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More