Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids
Provided by Crown Publishing
Reviewed by: Emily Timmons
The editors of Martha Stewart Living have certainly outdone themselves on this incredible book. Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids is stuffed with 175 projects that will jump-start your creative juices in no time. A lot of these projects can be made with basic craft supplies or materials you already have around the house, so you can have hours of family-friendly fun without spending a ton.
Along with fourteen pages of helpful templates, this book includes a comprehensive guide of all the materials you need. There's even a bonus hidden in the back of the book: you can cut out three pieces of paper crafting gear to really get yourself into the creative spirit. You have tons of tutorials to choose from in this book, from heartfelt homemade gifts to handmade toys. You can create tons of awesomely adorable animal crafts, from pine cone penguins to pom pom bumblebees to a whole zoo of seashell animals. You can even satisfy your sweet tooth by making Cookie Cottages or sweet Meringue Mice.
I've always been partial to eye-popping science experiments, so my favorite section of Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids is the “Experiment and Explore” chapter. This section is full of awe-inspiring projects like Cornstarch Quicksand, which mysteriously hardens when you try to punch through it. You can also install your very own solar system in your room, or make your own aquatic fireworks in a jar.
Fashion-forward kids will love the huge number of customized accessories they can make, whether they want to personalize a few of their favorite items or make brand new pieces of jewelry. There's even a detailed tutorial for trendy duct tape accessories! This book even includes a helpful sewing tutorial that will teach you four different basic stitches, so new crafters can comfortably take on the adorable sewing projects in this book. Try the easy-to-make sewing projects like the cute Gingham Dolls or the felt Notebook and Pencil Case, and you may just find yourself falling in love with a new hobby.
Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids is an impressive resource for all things fun, so you're guaranteed to find a new, inspiring adventure in crafting every time you turn the page.
Read NextBoycraft Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Boycraft Review
- Chance to win Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books!
- Chance to win Origami Finger Puppets!
- Enter for a chance to win Friendship Bracelets Reborn!
- Enter to win a copy of 51 things to make with Egg Cartons!
- Enter to win a copy of 51 Things to Make with Cardboard Tubes!
- Enter to win a copy of The Paper Playhouse!
- The Paper Hat Book
- 150+ Screen-Free Activities for Kids Review
- Crafting With Kids Book Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Free I Spy Christmas Printable
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Printable Christmas Word List Game
- Elf Christmas Card Craft
- Nutcracker Handprint Craft
- Simple Paper Bag Pilgrim Craft
- Free Paper Placemats Christmas Printable
- Tissue Paper Turkey Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll Pilgrim Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More