This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Sanding Sugar You Can Make At Home
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"Sanding sugar is easy to make, easy to store, and versatile enough to use in different recipes. Sanding sugar is the perfect topping for cupcakes, cookies, and cakes. You can make as many colors as you like in less than 15 minutes from start to finish. Mix sugar and a drop of gel food coloring in a food processor for about 45 seconds. Spread into a thin layer on a prepared baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the mixture to cool for at least 15 minutes before using. "
Primary TechniqueFood Crafting
- Gel Food Colors
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
To make this super simple start by preheating the oven to 250 degrees.
Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and set it aside.
Next, add the sugar and one drop of gel food coloring to the base of your food processor.
Mix the sugar and coloring on high for about 30-45 seconds
Pour the sugar mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it out to a thin even layer.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Remove the tray from the oven and allow the mixture to cool for at least 15 minutes before using.
Read NextEasy Edible Construction Trucks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers
Whether it's Mother's Day or the little ones just need a gift to give for their grandmother, coffee filter crafts offer the perfect… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- Monkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More