Happy Father's Day! Crafts for Kids to Make for Dad
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
DIY Father's Day Goodie Bag
With Father's Day crafts like this, there's no way Dad won't have a great day!
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Don't forget to show your dad how much he means to you on his special day. This DIY Father's Day Goodie Bag is an easy craft for kids that will have him excited to see what you put inside. Fill up this Father's Day craft idea with dad's favorite treats or maybe a special note. A homemade Father's Day craft is the best, and with this goodie bag, you can show your dad just how well you know him. Cut out a paper version of his favorite tie and glue it onto this fun, creative Father's Day craft for kids. Dad will love anything you make him for Father's Day, but give him a gift that is fun to make and fun to open.
Don't forget to subscribe to the AllFreeKidsCrafts newsletter for more projects you love from bloggers you trust, delivered straight to your inbox every week.
Looking for another easy gift for kids to make? This DIY gift idea is perfect for Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays, and more: Scrabble Tile Frame Art
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Age GroupPreschool & Kindergarten, Elementary School, Pre-Teens, Teens
- Paper bag
- Patterned paper (or click here to download our free template!)
Take a simple paper bag and cut out a tie shape onto any patterned paper. You can also click here to download our patterned tie template!
Glue the tie onto the front of the paper bag.
Open the bag and put the goodies that you chose into the paper bag.
Cut two horizontal slips into the top of the bag so you can fold them for the collar.
Fold the flaps over to look like a collar and secure with tape.
History of Father's Day
Let's face it: our poor dads just don't get enough credit! Did you know that Father's Day only become a national holiday just recently? We sure took a long time to start celebrating our wonderful dads! While you're having fun making Father's Day crafts with the kids, learn about this interesting holiday:
Sadly, the campaign to celebrate fathers didn't have the same enthusiasm as Mother's Day. This is perhaps because fathers don't have the same sentimental appeal that mothers have (an opinion that has changed in more modern times).
A Spokane woman named Sonora Smart Dodd, who was one of six children raised by a widower, was determined to start an official equivalent to Mother's Day for dads. Simply put, she was successful in her endeavor and Washington had the nation's first statewide Father's Day on July 19, 1910. Meanwhile, the holiday slowly spread. As it turns out, however, Father's Day wasn't recognized as a federal holiday until 1972 by Richard Nixon. It's true!
Father's Day - History.com
Wise Guide - LOC.gov
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
May 29, 2017
Leave a comment...I love this idea. Who doesnt love to get a goodie bag? You can take the kids shopping to pick the treats and small items they know dad likes. Then when you get home, they can craft the goodie bag. A whole day of fun, and a special treat for dad!
May 20, 2016
This project is so precious! I bet any dad would love to receive this gift for Father's Day.
cmskipper58 846246 6
May 17, 2016
ILII love these projects!eave a comment...
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Rainbow Fish Art Craft for Kids
For a fun and easy art project that your children will love, check out this Rainbow Fish Art Craft for Kids. Full of color, this… Continue reading: "Rainbow Fish Art Craft for Kids"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Farm Coloring Pages
- Fun Summer Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Cute And Colorful Red Bird Craft With Feathers
- Free Printable Camping Coloring Page
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More