Bake Shop Pinwheel Rings
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
DIY jewelry is always a blast to make, especially when you get to use materials that you would not normally use. Your kids will love making these Bake Shop Pinwheel Rings because clay projects are always fun for kids. They enjoy sculpting with their hands, and there are so many different kinds of colored clay that they can choose from. These DIY rings are so beautiful and bright. They will look wonderful on anyone’s hand, and everyone will want to know how to make these gorgeous rings.
- Sculpey® Bake Shop Clay, Kit, Fuchsia - 1 block
- Sculpey® Bake Shop Clay, Kit, Turquoise - 1 block
- Sculpey® Bake Shop Clay, Kit, Bright Pink - 1 block
- Sculpey® Bake Shop Clay, Kit, Bright Orange - 1 block
- Premo! Sculpey® Crinkle Cutters
- Premo! Sculpey® Round Ring
- Sculpey Acrylic Roller
- Sculpey Clay Tool Starter Set
- Sculpey® Bake & Bond
- Bakeable crystals
- White glue
- Plain white paper
Getting Started: Polymer clay may stain. CLAY MAY DAMAGE UNPROTECTED FURNITURE OR FINISHED SURFACES. DO NOT USE polymer clay on unprotected surfaces. We recommend working on the Sculpey clay mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean your hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per ¼" (6 mm) thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult. Begin by preheating oven to 275 °F (130 °C). Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the Clay Conditioning Machine for several passes on the widest setting.
- Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first. Step 1 - Roll a small amount of your selected clay color into a ball and knead in your hands for a moment to soften and condition the clay. Flatten the ball and then roll it out with the acrylic roller on a sheet of paper so that it is less than 1/8 inch thickness. Set aside. Repeat with your second color. If you are using a Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine, use the widest (#1) setting on the machine.
- Stack your colors so that that your top color is the main color that will show on your pinwheel. Use the square Crinkle Cutter to cut out a square of clay of the two stacked colors.
- Use the Sculpey Knife Tool to cut from each corner of the square towards the center. Do NOT cut all the way to the center, but leave about ¼ inch gap between the cuts.
- Use the tip of your finger to gently roll one of the cut edges to the center, taking care not to flatten the clay.
- Roll every other cut edge section towards the center. If you get one wrong, just gently straighten it back out.
- Once you have rolled 4 of the edges over, your pinwheel should look like this!
- Press a small ball of leftover (or scrap clay) into the round ring finding so that it fills the ring finding area to the top of the ring.
- Add a drop of white glue or Sculpey Bake and Bond to the clay in the finding and gently press the pinwheel onto the finding. Add a drop of glue or Bake and Bond to your rhinestone and gently press it into place in the center of the pinwheel. Prop the completed ring on one of the other cutters to keep it upright while baking. Place the cutter on your baking sheet and bake according to the directions above. Allow the ring to cool and you are done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Rainbow Loom Fishtail Bracelet
10 Beginner Rainbow Loom Patterns + Video Tutorials
Boy's Hardware Jewelry
Bead Wrapped Leather Bracelets
How to Do A Friendship Bracelet and 30 More Do it Yourself Bracelets
Recycled Clothing DIY Bracelet
Totally Trending Duct Tape Bracelets
5 Incredible Rainbow Loom Patterns
Square Knot Hexnut Bracelet
Fancy Bracelet Rainbow Loom Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Snowflake
- Pink Flamingo Valentine
- Glow in the Dark Crunchy Slime
- DIY Fabric Flower Hair Ties
- Mixing Paint Colors Preschool Art and Science
- Valentine’s Day Word Search Printable Worksheet
- Love Bug Valentine Fruit Cups
- Cupid’s Arrows
- DIY Valentine Slime + Free Printable Gift Tags
- Letter M Craft With Printable
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More