This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
11 Winter Crafts for Kids + Outdoor Activities
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Cheese Grater Owl
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"Upcycle an old stainless steel cheese grater into a fun and quirky outdoor owl garden decoration. Although this lil’ owl is utterly adorable, his edges are quite sharp (he’s made from a cheese grater after all!). Not only did we make a super cute decoration for the outdoor garden but we used materials we had around the house. An old stainless cheese grater, some mason jar lids, bottle caps, a tree branch, and copper wire were all that were needed to create this little guy. If you have leftover bottle caps from this project, see this Bottle Cap Horse and Bottle Cap Flower for your garden as well. It feels good to upcycle! "
1 Stainless steel cheese grater 9” high
2 pieces Mason Jar lids 2.75" diameter
2 pieces Metal bottle caps 1.5" diameter
2 pieces Metal beer bottle caps 1" diameter
2 screws with washers and bolts
1 Drill Press with appropriate sized drill bit
1 Copper wire 15" long
1 Tree branch 9" long
1 Small tree branch triangular shaped cutting approx. 1" long
1 Hot glue gun with clear glue sticks
The jar lids will form the owl eyes, stacking the smallest lid on the top to the biggest lid on the bottom.
Create a paper template for drilling holes into the jar lids.
Visit https://craftsbyamanda.com/cheese-grater-owl/ for full tutorial
Read NextTea Cup Fairy Garden
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Majestic Clothespin Butterflies
Clothespin crafts for kids are all the rage right now because they are simple and fun. These Majestic Clothespin Butterflies are the… Continue reading: "Majestic Clothespin Butterflies"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- Printable Lemonade Stand Kit
- Diy Minecraft Tnt
- Sheep Craft With Craft Sticks
- Foam Dice Chick Craft
- Hot Air Balloon Craft Ideas For Kids: 3 Super Cute & Simple Activities
- How To Draw A Pig
- Printable Hello Spring Coloring Page
- Egg-scellent Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More