Going Green: 40 Garden Crafts for Kids
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Going green is the totally rad trend right now, so jump on the bandwagon by starting a garden. You're doing good for the environment and for yourself by growing beautiful flowers and food. Take the time during spring and summer to try out some great garden craft ideas, and you could end up making a flower pot out of water bottles or your own little terrarium. Garden crafts for kids are a great way to stay entertained during hot and humid days when you have all of the time in the world but nothing to do with it. This collection of garden crafts for kids is a great way to beat the boredom. Going green and starting a garden means that you will always have beautiful, blooming plants to look at in your backyard.
Try out any one of these garden craft ideas and you are sure to have a blast. Pick out your favorite plants to grow and you will soon find that your mind is growing with knowledge as well. Going green is so much fun, so join in today!
Going Green: 40 Garden Crafts for Kids
Table of Contents
Spring has sprung! Discover even more ways to craft with kids this season with the Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More free eBook!
Now that you have some seeds, water, and dirt, where do you put them? That's where these fantastic flower pot crafts come in. You'll want to be going green in style, so try painting and decorating flower pots with your children to make them as beautiful as the flowers that will grow in them. Garden craft ideas give you the chance to store your beautiful, blossoming flowers in something that your kids made on their very own. Going green doesn't mean that you can't use all of the colors of the rainbow, so be sure to make a colorful flower pot. Garden crafts for kids that allow your kids to use their creativity and imagination are a blast, and when they are finished, don't forget to pot your favorite flower.
- Drip Painted Rainbow Pots (shown)
- Backyard Butterfly Bin
- Hand Painted Flower Pots
- Nesting Birds Flower Pot
- Simple Scrappy Pots
- Thanks a Bunch Flower Pot
- Water Bottle Flower Pot
- Floral Pattern Decoupage Pots
- Buzzing Clay Pot Bumblebee
- Super Sweet Clay Pot Lady Bug
- Shattered CD Flower Pot
- Prehistoric Dinosaur Gardens
Gardens look and smell great, but when everything is so green and colorful, it's easy to get lost. Use a handy-dandy garden craft idea, like Birdie Flower Stakes, to mark where each plant is growing so your little kiddos don't get confused next time they head outside to smell the flowers. These garden craft ideas will help you out while you are busy weeding and watering your roses, daisies, and sunflowers. In the garden crafts are great because they are essential, so you should make sure they look beautiful. When you bring your friends over, you can show them the garden craft for kids that you made with your children, and they will know exactly where to look. Make sure that when you're going green that you're also staying organized! Find garden stakes, garden markers, and other gorgeous garden decorations in the list below:
- Birdie Flower Stakes (shown)
- City Planning Garden Markers
- Darling Paint Can Daisies
- Garden Stakes
- Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Stones
- Toilet Paper Roll Fairy House
- Easy Peasy Clay Garden Stakes
- Colorfully Fun DIY Stepping Stones
- Plastic Spoon Garden Markers
- Stenciled Garden Stones
- Make Your Own Garden Globe
- Stick Art for Kids
Going green is twice the fun when you use recycled materials. You're doubling the amount you're giving back to the environment, so these garden crafts for kids are sure to be double the fun. Instead of throwing away that old pair of Crocs that you have around the house, try crafting them into a planter. It might seem like a funny garden craft idea, but it's sure to be a blast. You'll be going green and saving green at the same time! These recycled crafts for kids are great because you won't burst your budget trying to make your backyard bloom. You can learn about environmentally-friendly ways and help the earth at the same time when you make fun garden crafts for kids with recycled materials. Start with the green crafting ideas below, and then challenge your kids to come up with new ways to use your recyclables!
- Recycled Tin Can Robots
- Recycled Crocs Planter (shown)
- Reduce Your Footprint Planter
- Secret Green Garden
- Mr. Planthead Man
- Egg Carton Rainbow Garden
- Too Easy Tin Can Planters
- Adorable Clay Fairy House
- Recycled Rainboot Planters
A garden doesn't magically grow ten feet tall overnight! Everything starts out as a little seed and gradually grows and grows until it is big. Taking care of a garden is a lot of work, and these garden craft ideas are great if you are just starting a garden with your little ones and need to start small. They will teach you all about going green and what materials are needed to turn a little seed into a big, beautiful flower. If you have a green thumb and want to test it out, then try these garden crafts for kids, and you will be amazed as life begins to sprout right before your eyes. It will be the beginning to a beautiful garden when you use these garden craft ideas. Learn how to start a garden with kids today!
- Eggshell Seedling Planters (shown)
- Flower Seed Pockets
- Planting Shamrocks
- Glow in the Dark Terrarium Craft
- Silly Grass Heads
- Tie Dye Shredded Seed Starters
- Tiny Teacup Terrarium
It's important to spend time outdoors with children! For even more amazing outdoor crafts and activities, don't miss this collection of Made with Nature: 21 Outdoor Crafts for Kids!
Read NextEnchanted Acorn Toadstools
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Clear up some clutter and turn it into fun by Making a Castle Made of Cardboard! This is a great way to transform something you'd… Continue reading: "Making a Castle Made of Cardboard"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Summer Mandala Coloring Page
- Printable Lunch Notes For Kids
- Avengers Bookmarks Craft For Kids
- Easy School Bus Craft
- Free You’ve Been Booed Printable For Halloween
- Homemade Playdough Recipe
- Halloween Yarn Mummy Craft
- Printable Lunch Notes: Cute Critters
- This What To Pack For Lunch Printable Helps Kids Be Independent
- Halloween Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More