Simply Sweet Valentine Wreath
Valentine's Day is all about sweets, pink, and hearts. Make this Simply Sweet Valentine Wreath with the kids to decorate your front door and let everyone know you are in the mood to celebrate Cupid. This fun tutorial shows you how to make your own wreath with simple supplies. The kids will beam with delight when they see their handiwork adorning your home. They can even make this swell valentine craft idea to give as a gift to a special family member or neighbor. This simple wreath is easy enough to work on in a group setting as well.
- Standard white paper plate
- Pink glitter foam sheet
- Red foam sheet
- White foam sheet
- Foam hearts: 5 red, 5 white and 5 pink
- Iridescent pink acrylic paint
- 7” of pink ribbon
- Large heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Two round plastic lids, one with a diameter of 8” and the second with a diameter of 5.1”
- Small craft sponge
- Quick-drying craft glue
- Center the 8” plastic lid onto the paper plate and trace around it. Do the same with the smaller lid.
- Cut out the outer and inner circles to make the paper base for the wreath.
- Use the sponge to paint the paper plate. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the cookie cutter to trace 5 hearts onto each foam sheet. Cut the each heart out. You'll have fifteen in total: five of each color.
- Glue the hearts around the paper plate, alternating colors and slightly overlapping.
- Glue a smaller heart onto each big heart: red onto white; pink onto red, and white onto the pink glitter hearts.
- Fold the ribbon in half and glue it to the back of the plate.
- Allow to dry before hanging the wreath.
Read NextCherished Clay Heart Necklace