This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Paper Rocket Craft
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Looking for the perfect craft for the space lover in your home? This cute paper rocket craft is a great afternoon activity to set off a great time exploring the stars. These paper rocket puppets are easy to make and allow for your kids to customize their rocket colors as they craft. With an easy to follow template, your kids will also practice their tracing and cutting skills. This paper rocket craft can be made into puppets or glued to paper and turned into the center piece for a drawing. Let your kids set their imaginations to work!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Construction paper
- Popsicle stick
- Craft glue
Select different colored papers. Try to use different colors for each part of the paper rocket to give it a fun look.
Trace the template patterns on the selected craft papers and cut them out nicely.
Stick the small flame pattern on the big flame pattern.
Stick the small round cutouts in the middle of the big round cutouts.
Stick the triangular cutout on the top end of the rocket base and the strip cutout along the bottom end of the rocket base.
Stick the round cutouts (windows) on the rocket base, one below another.
Stick the flame pattern on the bottom side of the rocket base, the flame should be facing towards the outer side.
Stick the 2 stand cutouts on both sides of the base, near the bottom side.
Stick the 3rd stand (the lens shaped cutout) in the middle of the bottom strip part of the rocket base.
Attach the papercraft rocket with a popsicle stick to complete the craft.
Read Next100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This spring, why not make a few popsicle stick crafts that will show the kids how lovely it can be when you get creative? These… Continue reading: "Beautiful Popsicle Stick Dragonflies"
- 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- 44 Best 4-H Project Ideas Ever
- Crafts for Boys: 37 Awesome Dinosaur Crafts for Kids
- 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle Schoolers
- What to Make with Popsicle Sticks: 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids
- Top 100 Easy Craft Ideas for Kids in 2015
- Rainbow Loom Patterns
- 30 Simple Craft Ideas for Kids to Make Under Thirty Minutes
- 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
- 26 Quick and Easy Crafts: One Hour or Less
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fun Fall Leaves Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Bird Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Apple Coloring Pages And Activities For Kids
- Apple Volcano Science Experiment
- Outer Space Word Search For Kids
- Dinosaur Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Frankenstein Shape Craft
- Monster Popsicle Stick Craft
- Disguise A Turkey Pilgrim Craft
- Acorn Gnome Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More