Simply Stunning Duck Tape Rose
Surprise someone special this Valentine's Day with a flower that will never wilt. The Simply Stunning Duck Tape Rose is sure to wow anyone that receives it. You can learn how to make duct tape flowers with this tutorial, and you'll be surprised when you find out this cool duct tape project is actually very easy to make. Valentine's Day crafts for kids don't get much cooler than this Simply Stunning Duck Tape Rose.
- Duck Tape®
- Wire cutters
- Craft knife
- 14g wire
- Floral wire
1. Cut a 12 in. long piece of 14g wire and cover in a single piece of Duck Tape®.
2. Cut a 3 in. long piece of Duck Tape®. With the sticky side facing up, fold the top a fourth of an inch down and then fold over the right corner about three fourths the way.
3. Wrap the piece you made in step 2 around the top of the stem you made in step 1.
4. For the petals, lay a piece of Duck Tape® that is 2.5 in. long sticky side up and place a piece of floral wire that is 1.75 in. long in the center.
5. Place another 2.5 in. long piece of tape on top of the piece from step 4, leaving about a fourth of an inch of the sticky side showing at the bottom.
6. Using scissors, round off the top edge to finish the petal. Repeat steps 4-6 to create 20 petals total.
7. Use the bottom sticky part of the petal to adhere petals around the top of the stem.
8. Continue to add petals until you are happy with the fullness of the rose.
9. Add Duck Tape® leaves to your stem if desired.
Read Next100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids