What to Make with Popsicle Sticks: 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids
These popsicle stick crafts for kids will show you that the crafting possibilities are endless!
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Popsicle sticks can be used in so many easy kids' crafts. Whether your kids want to paint a simple bookmark or construct their own sculpture, you'll find a popsicle stick craft to satisfy their desires. The beauty of popsicle sticks is that they are such a flexible material, and can easily be incorporated into kids' craft ideas. If your little ones are stuck at home on a rainy day with nothing to do or if they're bored at summer camp, have them try their hand at these popsicle stick crafts for kids.
These 50 Fun Crafts for Kids are a great way to keep them entertained on a low budget. They will be amazed at how many different easy crafts for kids they can make with such a simple crafting material. These craft stick projects will show you and your kids that fun activities don't need to break the bank. You'll find crafts for kids of all ages so you might want to stock up now for all these wonderful crafting opportunities!
And don't forget to subscribe to the AllFreeKidsCrafts newsletter for more projects you love from bloggers you trust, delivered straight to your inbox every week.
Get started with this awesome video on how to make a popsicle stick boat!
Table of Contents
Popsicle Stick Crafts for Toddlers
Popsicle stick DIYs for toddlers help foster creativity and imagination. Your little ones will have a blast with all of these easy popsicle stick crafts. These crafts for toddlers are absolutely precious, and you'll cherish them for years to come. Popsicle stick crafts are a fantastic way to introduce your littlest ones to the joy of crafting and creating! They'll love using their imaginations with these fun projects.
Popsicle Stick Crafts for Teenagers
Projects with popsicle sticks for teenagers are a great way for your older kids to have some fun and craft their own personal style. Craft ideas for teens are without a doubt the coolest kids craft ideas, which means your teen will love the crafts in this collection. They may be growing up, but these crafts will still inspire their creativity like no other!
...Wondering how to bend popsicle sticks?
"Bending popsicle sticks takes about 24 hours to accomplish. It involves boiling the sticks and then carefully wrapping them around a cup or jar and allowing them to dry completely."
- Kim Conner (Check out Kim's blog, Inspiration Made Simple, for a step-by-step tutorial on bending popsicle sticks!)
Decorative Crafts for Kids
Your little ones can spruce up their room with a few awesome crafts with popsicle sticks, and when their friends come over they will all be super jealous. These popsicle stick crafts for kids allow your kids to put their own personal spin on whatever project they choose, from popsicle stick bracelets to this Easy Breezy Popsicle Stick Frame, so have your kids grab a few popsicle sticks and get to work. In no time they will find that these decorative crafts for kids will give them something beautiful to hang up in their room or around the house.
...Wondering how to glue popsicle sticks together?
"For a very sturdy option, I like to use hot glue. However, that is a harder option when working with kids. A very kid friendly option is glue dots. The bigger ones stick well, adhere quickly and they are easy to use. Other options include wood glue or basic white glue, but those do take a lot longer to dry. When using those options, it is good to glue one day and decorate the next."
- Jodi Durr (Check out Jodi's blog, Meaningful Mama, for several more popsicle stick ideas including DIY dollhouse furniture!)
Toys and Games
Toys and games are so much fun, and they get even better when your kids make them from something as simple as popsicle sticks. From puzzles to music craft ideas and even a popsicle stick boat, popsicle sticks are such a flexible craft material that you can make almost anything with them. Don't burst your budget or run to store for something that's entertaining when your kids can just make easy popsicle stick crafts. Look right here for easy crafts for kids, and your kids will be amazed at what they can do with just a wooden stick.
...Wondering how to paint popsicle sticks?
"I always use either CraftSmart paint (it’s a Michaels brand) or Americana acrylic paint. Two coats is usually the trick to getting the great color. One coat isn’t enough and the results are streaky. You can also paint the craft sticks with one coat of white first to give them a bright base, then use one coat of color paint."
- Amanda Formaro, Crafts by Amanda
Christmas Popsicle Stick Crafts for Kids
Christmastime always bring fun memories with family and friends. Whether it's toddlers or teenagers, you can find crafts with popsicle sticks for the whole family to have fun with while spending time with one another. Your kids can show their holiday spirit by making these fun crafts all December long. They can break out the glue, paint, and pom poms and get to work making a Christmas tree or a snowflake ornament. Get ready to have a blast creating crafts and memories with these Christmas crafts for kids.
Looking for more holiday crafts for kids? Your search is complete with our collection: Holiday Crafts for Kids: 60 Free Printables
Other Holiday Craft Stick Projects
Your little ones can get into the holiday spirit with all of these fun and exciting popsicle stick DIYs. There are tons of crafts ranging from St. Patrick's Day crafts to Halloween crafts. They will never have a single second to be bored with these fabulous craft stick projects.
Popsicle Stick Craft Videos
These popsicle stick craft videos will help you create any type of craft from a cool DIY shelf to simple popsicle stick crosses. By following along with these video tutorials, you and the kids will be craft experts in no time. Thanks to these craft stick projects, your kids will learn that the crafting possibilities are endless!
Popsicle sticks are a classic crafting material that allows children to let their creativity grow! Download our free eBook for some super fun crafts that the kids will love: 11 Popsicle Stick Crafts for Kids
Which of these easy popsicle stick crafts do you most want to try with the kids? Answer below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle Schoolers
- 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- Trying to find fun craft ideas for kids? With this collection of easy kids crafts, you'll be able to provide kids with hours of fun.
- Custom Memory Magnets
- Printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt Clues
- 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
- Easy Butterfly Rainbow Loom Charm
- 44 Best 4-H Project Ideas Ever
- 3D Ladybug Rainbow Loom Charm
- Rainbow Loom Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Halloween Wine Glass Candle Holders
- Free Printable Halloween Word Scramble For Kids
- How To Draw Halloween Characters
- Printable Halloween Gift Tags
- Thankful Turkey Craft
- Witch Popsicle Stick Craft
- Candy Corn Pumpkin Craft
- Custom Toddler Jigsaw Puzzles
- Salt Dough Haunted Houses
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More