What to Make with Popsicle Sticks: 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids
If you're on the lookout for popsicle stick crafts, then checking out these simple kids crafts is a must.
By: Lindsey Rolf, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Popsicle sticks are an essential for any crafter, whether you are a serious crafter or not. They're such an easy material to use, and they're cheap as well. Popsicle sticks can be used in so many easy kids' crafts, whether your kids want to paint a simple bookmark or construct their own sculpture. The beauty of popsicle sticks is that they are such a flexible material, and can easily be used in all kinds of kids' craft ideas. If your kids are stuck at home on a rainy day with nothing to do or bored at summer camp, they can try their hand at these popsicle stick crafts.
These 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids are a great way to keep them entertained on a low budget. They will be amazed at how many different easy crafts for kids they can make with just a simple popsicle stick.
And don't forget to subscribe to the AllFreeKidsCrafts newsletter for more projects you love from bloggers you trust, delivered straight to your inbox every week.
Get started with this awesome video on how to make a popsicle stick boat!
Table of Contents
Popsicle Stick Crafts for Toddlers
Popsicle stick DIYs for toddlers help foster creativity and imagination. Your little ones will have a blast with all of these fun craft ideas for toddlers. These crafts for toddlers are absolutely precious, and you'll cherish them for years to come.
Popsicle Stick Crafts for Teenagers
Projects with popsicle sticks for teenagers are a great way for your older kids to have some fun and craft their own personal style. Craft ideas for teens are without a doubt the coolest kids craft ideas, which means your teen will love the crafts in this collection.
...Wondering how to bend popsicle sticks?
"Bending popsicle sticks takes about 24 hours to accomplish. It involves boiling the sticks and then carefully wrapping them around a cup or jar and allowing them to dry completely."
- Kim Conner (Check out Kim's blog, Inspiration Made Simple, for a step-by-step tutorial on bending popsicle sticks!)
Decorative Crafts for Kids
Your little ones can spruce up their room with a few awesome crafts with popsicle sticks, and when their friends come over they will all be super jealous. These fun crafts for kids allow for your kids to put their own personal spin on whatever project they choose, from popsicle stick bracelets to this Easy Breezy Popsicle Stick Frame, so have your kids grab a few popsicle sticks and get to work. In no time they will find that these decorative crafts for kids will give you something beautiful to hang up in their room or around the house.
...Wondering how to glue popsicle sticks together?
"For a very sturdy option, I like to use hot glue. However, that is a harder option when working with kids. A very kid friendly option is glue dots. The bigger ones stick well, adhere quickly and they are easy to use. Other options include wood glue or basic white glue, but those do take a lot longer to dry. When using those options, it is good to glue one day and decorate the next."
- Jodi Durr (Check out Jodi's blog, Meaningful Mama, for several more popsicle stick ideas including DIY dollhouse furniture!)
Toys and Games
Toys and games are so much fun, and they get even better when your kids make them from something as simple as popsicle sticks. From puzzles to music craft ideas and even a popsicle stick boat, popsicle sticks are such a flexible craft material that they can make almost anything with them. Don't burst your budget or run to store for something that's entertaining when your kids can just make awesome popsicle stick DIYs. Look right here for easy crafts for kids, and your kids will be amazed what they can do with just a simple wooden stick.
...Wondering how to paint popsicle sticks?
"I always use either CraftSmart paint (it’s a Michaels brand) or Americana acrylic paint. Two coats is usually the trick to getting the great color. One coat isn’t enough and the results are streaky. You can also paint the craft sticks with one coat of white first to give them a bright base, then use one coat of color paint."
- Amanda Formaro, Crafts by Amanda
Christmas Popsicle Stick Crafts
Christmastime always bring fun memories with family and friends. Whether it's toddlers or teenagers, you can find crafts with popsicle sticks for the whole family to have fun with while spending time with the one another. Your kids can show their holiday spirit by making these fun crafts all December long. They can break out the glue, paint, and pom poms and get to work making a Christmas tree or a snowflake ornament. Get ready to have a blast creating crafts and memories with these Christmas crafts for kids.
Looking for more holiday crafts for kids? Your search is complete with our collection: Holiday Crafts for Kids: 60 Free Printables
Other Holiday Popsicle Stick Crafts
Your little ones can get into the holiday spirit with all of these fun and exciting popsicle stick DIYs. There are tons of crafts ranging from St. Patrick's Day crafts to Halloween crafts. They will never have a single second to be bored with these fabulous projects with popsicle sticks.
Popsicle Stick Craft Videos
These popsicle stick craft videos will help you create any type of craft from a cool DIY shelf to simple popsicle stick crosses. By following along with these video tutorials, you and the kids will be craft experts in no time.
Popsicle sticks are a classic crafting material that allows children to let their creativity grow! Download our free eBook for some super fun crafts that the kids will love: 11 Popsicle Stick Crafts for Kids
Which of these projects with popsicle sticks do you most want to try with the kids? Answer below!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- What to Make with Popsicle Sticks: 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids
- Cool Crafts for Tweens: 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle School Kids
- 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- What to Make with Duct Tape: 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
- How to Tie Dye: 14 Tie Dye Techniques, Tie Dye Designs + Other Tie Dye Ideas
- 44 Best 4-H Project Ideas Ever
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- Rainbow Loom Patterns
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children free eBook
- Fun Ocean in a Bottle
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 23 Sports Crafts for Kids: Homemade Games and Other Sports-Themed Crafts
- Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids: 22 Craft Ideas for Groups of Children
- Sand Fairy Garden and Clay Houses
- Decorate a Fidget Spinner
- Creative Ways to Decorate Rocks
- Slimed DIY Book
- How to Make Pom Poms in Bulk
- Easy Hogwarts Costume and Tie Necklace
- Potter Pals eReader Covers
- Ollivander-Inspired DIY Wands