100 Craft Ideas for Kids: Art Project Ideas, Recycled Crafts for Kids, and More Fun Crafts
From learning activities to animal crafts for kids, we've got 100 excellent projects for your child to enjoy.
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Has anyone ever told you that you have great taste in craft projects? Here at AllFreeKidsCrafts, we sure hope so! To celebrate our second year, we’ve collected all of your favorite kids’ craft ideas into this list of 100 Craft Ideas for Kids: Art Project Ideas, Recycled Crafts for Kids, and More Fun Crafts, and we’re incredibly impressed with the crafts you picked.
From butterfly crafts to science activities to homemade toys, the amazing projects on this list are ones you will want to share with everyone you know. Have a thrifty friend who loved recycled crafts for kids? We’ve got you covered. Looking for a way to teach kids how to get organized? Check. Craving an adorable animal craft for kids? We have what you need! You simply can’t go wrong with any of these craft ideas for kids.
Get started with this awesome video on how to make a Popsicle Stick Boat!
Table of Contents
Animal Crafts for Kids
Butterflies were by far your favorite animal crafts for kids this year! These adorable craft ideas are all made with simple materials, and they're perfect for any time of the year. After you've found all six of the most popular butterfly crafts, make sure you try making the rest of these precious animal projects!
Looking for a little one-on-one instruction? With this collection, you and the kids can craft together more easily: Easy Craft Ideas for Kids: 22 Video Tutorials
Art Projects for Kids
It's easy to see why these art project ideas made the list of top crafts for 2013. With bright colors and easy instructions, these art projects for kids are some of the most fun we've seen all year. In addition to the fun painting projects, you loved yarn crafts and melted bead projects. Let these top projects be your artistic inspiration for the year to come!
Kids are learning so much as they grow and see more of the world! With this collection, your children can experience hands-on science learning: 40 Science Crafts and Space Crafts for Kids
Why Learning Activities Are Important
While it can be tempting to assume that the best kind of education is one that is centered on lectures, memorization, and standardized testing, it’s important to recognize the value of “playtime” in a learning environment as well. Here are four reasons why learning activities are important:
1. They allow little ones to use their hands as well as their minds, which gives an activity or lesson more meaning. Activities that involve experimentation and discussion get different parts of the brain in on the action – more than a standard lecture would.
2. Actions like coloring, scribbling, and using scissors are excellent for strengthening the brain’s ability to multitask.
3. Children take on new feelings and develop empathy when they dress and act like different characters.
4. Kids learn to work as a team and use the same ingenuity that will later help them evolve into engineers when they build toys like model rockets together.
So don’t just teach your children about the clouds – have them create their own swirling clouds! Don’t just explain outer space to your little ones – help them make gooey substances that allow them to explore “intergalactic” textures! The possibilities are endless when you combine learning and play.
Sensory Activities and Learning Activities
Hands on activities were a huge hit this year! If you tried these learning activities, you probably had a blast turning your kitchen into a laboratory by creating cool chemical reactions or playing with homemade play dough. From science activities to sensory activities, these are the educational opportunities you won't want to miss.
What Do Sensory Activities Do?
Child development expert Katie Stokes from Gift of Curiosity weighs in...
"You have probably heard about the five senses of touch, smell, sight, taste, and sound. Many people, however, are unaware that we have other important senses, including the vestibular sense (sense of balance) and the proprioceptive sense (sense of where each body part is in relation to the rest).
When a child is born, these senses are not fully developed. Instead, these senses develop over time as children engage with the world around them. This means that babies, toddlers, and preschoolers learn about the world by touching, tasting, smelling, seeing, hearing, and moving their bodies.
Early childhood educators and experts often talk about the importance of providing babies and young children with sensory play experiences. Sensory play is any playful activity that stimulates the senses.
Because young children’s senses are still developing, sensory play builds neural pathways that grow the architecture of the brain. The brain growth that occurs through sensory play enhances children’s senses, and their enhanced senses in turn make them better able to use those senses for learning.
For example, as children engage with various textures, they learn which ones are rough vs. smooth, which ones are hard vs. soft, and which ones are wet vs. dry. This awareness is a first step in learning to classify and sort objects."
You can learn more about sensory activities in Katie's article, Sensory play: What it's all about!
Christmas Crafts for Kids
It's the most wonderful time of the year....so it's no wonder you loved kids' Christmas crafts so much this year! From homemade Christmas ornaments to beautiful holiday decorations, these easy Christmas crafts for kids are the best of the rest.
More Holiday Craft Ideas
Christmas isn't the only holiday you love! Crafty Valentine's day ideas, kids' Easter crafts, and Halloween crafts for kids also made it onto your list of favorites. There's even a thrifty Mother's day craft idea, too! Make sure you save these kids' craft ideas; you're going to want to use them again in 2014!
Recycled Art Projects
2013 was the year for being green, and it shows with your love for recycled art projects. From cool duct tape crafts to crafts with egg cartons, you've been thriftier this year than ever before! If you haven't already, you just have to try these scrap-tastic recycled crafts for kids.
Making your own toys was another trend this year, and what a fun one at that! The DIY Rainbow Loom was at the top of the list of your favorite homemade toys, and with the Rainbow Loom bracelet boom of 2013, it's easy to see why! Don't miss the rest of the easy-to-make toys on this list; they're sure to become classics as the years go on.
These organizational tips made teaching kids to clean up after themselves seem like fun! With these kids' craft ideas, you get learn how to get organized in the most stylish way.
Seasonal Kids' Craft Ideas
You've been crafting for the season all year round! Floral-inspired ideas were your favorite spring crafts for kids, and you loved everything colorful when it came to summer craft ideas. Fall and winter crafts for kids were just as popular, especially when it came to making seasonal DIY lanterns and bowls. Save these seasonal kids' craft ideas to use for next year!
Other Easy Kids' Crafts
Last but not least, these easy kids' crafts were your favorite decorative and edible crafts of the year. Every single one of these projects is perfect for bringing the family closer together for some quality crafting time!
Everybody loves the simplicity of printable crafts! This collection makes life easy for you by taking care of the difficult steps: 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
Which of these 2013 favorites would you like to try? Comment below!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Minions Clothespin Craft
- What to Make with Popsicle Sticks: 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Boys: 37 Awesome Dinosaur Crafts for Kids
- Cool Crafts for Tweens: 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle School Kids
- 58 Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
- What to Make with Duct Tape: 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
- 44 Best 4-H Project Ideas Ever
- Yarn Dyeing With Kool Aid
- Rainbow Loom Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Apple Craft and Rhyming Activity for Preschoolers
- Captivating Borax Crystal Ornaments
- Salt Dough Ornament Frozen Craft
- Tropical Reef Fish
- Elephant Toothpaste
- Glow in the Dark Bouncy Ball
- 34 Science Experiment Projects for Kids
- How to Grow Geodes
- Colorful Candy Cane DIY Ornament
- Wishes from Rudolph DIY Gift Bag
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More