What to Make with Old Jeans: 13 Denim Crafts
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Growing, growing, gone! You grow up so fast and your clothes just can't keep up, especially your jeans. From one year to the next, you will find that your favorite pair of jeans that used to fit perfectly is now two inches too short and plenty tattered. Instead of throwing away your old denim, try making a cool recycled craft with all of the extra fabric you now have. Try any one of these 13 denim crafts and you will discover that denim isn't just for jeans; you can recycle old jeans to make flower pots, jewelry, and even garland. The best part about recycled crafts is that you're being environmentally conscious when you make them. These denim crafts are all about reusing and reducing, especially when it comes to your budget. You don't have to buy expensive items from the store when you already have the main material at home, and denim is great to make easy crafts for kids. Try these recycled crafts if you don't know what to make with old jeans, and you will be having a blast in no time. Now you don't have to ask yourself what to make with old jeans because all of these denim crafts are completely doable, low-budget, and super fun!
What to Make with Old Jeans: 13 Denim Crafts
Table of Contents
Recycle Old Jeans into Decorative Crafts for Kids
Wearable Crafts from Recycled Fashion
Reuse Old Clothes for Organizing Ideas
Normally you think of denim as something you wear as pants or a jacket but think again. Denim can be made into many decorative crafts for kids with just the snip of scissors and a dash of creativity. Depending on the colors you choose and your sense of style, you can make a personal statement in your house with these denim crafts. Gather up all of your old jeans, along with any other fabric scraps, and make a day of crafting. Reimagine denim as you recycle old jeans into a wreath, ornament, or even a cute flower pot with these recycled crafts. Easy crafts for kids are the best when they result is something that can be hung up around the home.
- Family Jeans Tree
- Darling Vintage Knotted Garland
- Funky Scrap Ribbon Wreath (shown)
- Quick Quilted Tree Ornaments
- Simple Scrappy Pots
You can wear denim not only as jeans but also as jewelry. If you're a non-believer, then check out these two easy crafts for kids that are perfect for anyone who wants to make a fashion statement. These bold and bright wearable crafts are a testament to how flexible this fabric can be, and the bright side is that recycled crafts are so much fun. These recycled fashion denim crafts are perfect for preteens or teens who love to wear colorful jewelry. Show off your sense of style and care for the environment with some awesome recycled crafts. Recycled fashion is so fun when you turn it into a denim craft.
From a pencil holder to a denim duffel, there is so much crafting to be done with denim. Denim crafts are so much fun to do, and you will feel great when you look at the finished product that you made, especially when it helps to keep things organized. These denim crafts are so simple to make, and they will provide you with hours of entertainment. No store-bought item can beat the time and care that goes into these recycled crafts, so reuse old clothes and refashion them into an organizing idea. Easy crafts for kids are a blast when you make a cool, new pouch or holder to clean things up around the house.
If you and the kids love working with fabric, check out our entire collection of fabric crafts for kids!
What projects have you turned your old jeans into?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
Cardboard Tube Minion Crafts
Must Make Mini "Glass" Art
54 Crafts from Household Items
Green Crafts: 60+ Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
Simple Solutions Lunch Box
Beaded Butterfly Beauty
Jungle Book Paper Tube Craft
Rainbow Crayon Candle
Recycled Water Bottle Bracelet
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Lotus in Origami Style: Easy Craft Tutorial
- Party Crowns
- Back to School: Mini Notebooks Key Chain
- Paper Postcards: Suit for Dad and Dress for Mom
- How to Make Easy Seashells Decoration Project
- Punny Printable Cards for Teachers
- Cinco de Mayo Word Search Free Printable
- Button Necklace
- Zoo Animals Word Search
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More