This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Coffee Filter Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This colorful springtime garden was made using coffee filters and Kwik Stix, no-mess, solid tempera paint sticks. A great classroom or family activity, the whole project takes between 30 - 60 minutes to complete."
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Age GroupElementary School
- Kwik Stix solid tempera paints in assorted colors
- Coffee filters
- White cardboard
- Scotch tape
Paint one side of the coffee filter with Kwik Stix. Allow 90 seconds to dry and then paint the other side.
After the coffee filter has dried, fold the painted coffee filter in fourths.
Trim the coffee filter in the shape of the flower. (ie: round for roses, pointed for daisies or sunflowers, waves for others.)
Unfold and you have your basic flower.
Add colorful pieces from the trimmed edges to the center of the flower, if you like.
Gather flower from center to create a 3D effect.
Staple back of flower to hold shape and secure it with a piece of scotch tape.
Color white cardboard with Kwik Stix. We added basic elements, grass, sky and a round sun. Use your imagination but keep it simple.
Arrange flowers on board. When you are happy with the arrangement, glue flowers in place.
Add flourishes by drawing and using trimmed pieces from the coffee filters. We added rays of sun, a ladybug and butterfly. Be Creative!
NotesTips for a Successful Project:
Put a piece of paper under the coffee filter when painting so you can paint to the edge.
Allow each side of the filter to dry before folding and trimming.
Read NextThrifty Tropical Summer Wreath
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 30 Days Of Family Christmas Activities
- Owl Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin Turkey Craft
- Pintable Halloween Wall Art
- Easy Rainbow Cereal Ice Cream Cups
- Paper Plate Spider
- Pipe Cleaner Spider
- Sewing or Writing Practice PDFs for Kids
- Easy Witch Hat Cookies
- Pirate Story Puppets
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More