Colorful Summer's Day Poppy Wreath
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Celebrate summer with this colorful wreath! The Colorful Summer's Day Poppy Wreath is a fabulous way to have your kids help you craft a home decor project. Featuring poppies as the main theme, this wreath is sure to add a bright spark to your day. If you are looking for fun and easy crafts for kids for summer, this wreath craft is just what you need. Made from crepe paper, the poppies are simple yet elegant. Use this wreath to brighten your room, add some color to your classroom, or make it for your mother to celebrate Mother's Day. The possibilities are endless for this DIY wreath.
Time to CompleteOne hour
MaterialsPaper Crafts, Mixed Media/Miscellaneous
- Standard white economy paper plate
- Crepe paper in the following colors: dark blue, red, yellow and orange
- Green pipe cleaners, 6mm wide
- 10mm wide flat-sided self-adhesive clear rhinestones
- 7" of 0.5" wide satin ribbon: orange with white polka dots
- Lime green acrylic paint
- Standard scissors
- Quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Two plastic lids, the first with a diameter of 5" and the second with a diameter of 2.6"
- Place and centre the 5" plastic lid onto the paper plate and trace all around it.
- Cut out the inner circle to make the paper base for the wreath.
- Use the paintbrush to give the base of the wreath a wash with the lime green paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Now make the first poppy: Place the lid with the diameter of 2.6" on the dark blue crepe paper and trace all around it. Cut out the circle. Repeat so that you will have four dark blue circles. Fold each circle in half, and then in half again, so that you will have four quarter circles. Glue the four quarter circles onto the paper wreath, so that you will have a full circle again. Add a rhinestone to the centre of the poppy and open the petals of the poppy to create curved petals.
- Make more poppies of different colors and add them to the wreath.
- Make poppy leaves with the pipe cleaners: Bend the pipe cleaner into a leaf-shaped loop and twist the one end of the pipe cleaner around the other end. Cut the ends of the pipe cleaner shorter and glue the leaf to the paper wreath. Add more leaves in the same way.
- Fold the ribbon in half and glue it to the back of the plate.
- Allow to dry before hanging the wreath.
Read NextRainbow Button DIY Wind Chime
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Free I Spy Christmas Printable
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Printable Christmas Word List Game
- Elf Christmas Card Craft
- Nutcracker Handprint Craft
- Simple Paper Bag Pilgrim Craft
- Free Paper Placemats Christmas Printable
- Tissue Paper Turkey Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll Pilgrim Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More