This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Butterfly Handprint Craft
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
From the blogger: "This bright, creative, and simple butterfly craft is the perfect summer craft for you and your little ones. A butterfly handprint craft is a great way to get messy and fun with your kiddos on an especially hot day. It can also one be fun to add-on to a science lesson for our teachers and homeschool parents! Plus, what is more fun than preserving your kids' handprints forever with this adorable and colorful painted craft? With just a few supplies and a whole lot of laughs your family will have made a sweet new memory. "
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored Craft Papers
- Acrylic Paint
- Craft Glue
Select 2 different colored construction paper pieces including yellow and select at least 2 different colored acrylic paints for the butterfly drawing. Prepare the selected acrylic paint.
Use a thick paintbrush to apply the prepared acrylic paint to the palm of your hand. Make sure to cover the palm nicely and evenly. Take a piece of white cardstock paper and press the painted palm against the paper. Keep the palm on the paper for a few seconds and then remove your hand gently from the paper.
Similarly, create a hand-print with the other hand. Use a different colored acrylic paint to create another pair of hand-prints. Allow the paint to dry completely.
Use scissors to cut out the handprint from the paper.
Take 2 different colored hand-print cutouts of opposite hands and attach them side by side, keeping the thumbs facing outwards.
Similarly, prepare the other 2 hand cutouts and attach them with the previous pair to create the wings of the butterfly.
Trace and cut out the butterfly body base and antenna patterns and the eyes from the template. The template includes 3 different sizes; you can select the size appropriate for your craft. Cut out some small round shapes from colored craft paper for the spots, to decorate the wings.
Attach the antenna cutouts on the top side of the head part and attach the eyes on the head part. Use a sharpie to draw the mouth-line of the butterfly.
Attach the butterfly body base along the middle of the hand-printed wings. Then attach the spot cutouts on the wings to complete the craft.
Read NextSilly Owl Pine Cone Craft
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- God’s Eye Yarn Craft
- Printable Summer Crossword Puzzle For Kids
- Toilet Paper Roll Red Fox
- Papercraft Planet Cards
- Lorax Papercraft Puppet
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet
- Dragon Paper Bag Puppet
- Pom Pom Bunny Paper Plate Craft
- Free Superhero Coloring Pages
- Printable Space Coloring Page
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More