This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Dragon Paper Bag Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This Dragon Paper Bag Puppet is enough to fire up the creativity in the house! By following these easy craft steps your kids will be flying through their imaginative adventures with their new scaly pal! Dragons are some of the coolest mythical creatures out there - what kid doesn't love a flying fire-breathing friend? Their new Dragon-tale creation will be sure to protect them from anything dangerous. So grab these supplies, and get to cutting, gluing, and crafting with your family!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored craft papers
- Paper bag
- Craft glue
Select pink and 3 or more different shades of green colored craft papers. You can select any other color if you wish to; we’re crafting a green paper bag dragon puppet. The template includes, head, belly, 2 legs, 2 wings, 2 wing outlines, ears, tail, tail scales, blush and eyes. Trace the patterns on the selected craft papers and cut them out nicely.
Attach the scale cutouts along the narrow-top side of the tail cutout. Attach the wing outlines on the wing cutouts and attach the narrow ear cutouts along the top side of the ear cutouts.
Attach the eye cutouts on the head cutout.
Attach the ear patterns on both sides of the head patterns’ top end and attach the blush cutouts near the bottom part of the head pattern.
If necessary, cut extra parts of the blush patterns. Use a gel pen or sharpie to draw the nose and mouth line of the papercraft dragon puppet.
Measure the bag size and cut out a piece of paper to cover either side of the paper bag; this will be the body part of the dragon puppet. Attach the belly cutout in the middle of the prepared paper (body pattern).
Attach the leg cutouts on both sides of the body pattern.
Attach the tail pattern on either side of the body pattern.
Grab the paper bag.
Attach the body pattern on the paper bag.
Attach the wing patterns on both sides of the paper bag, between the side folds of the bag.
Flatten the bottom end of the paper bag with the body pattern and then attach the head pattern on the bottom end to complete the paper bag dragon puppet.
Read NextBeautiful Clothespin Dragonflies
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Free I Spy Christmas Printable
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Printable Christmas Word List Game
- Elf Christmas Card Craft
- Nutcracker Handprint Craft
- Simple Paper Bag Pilgrim Craft
- Free Paper Placemats Christmas Printable
- Tissue Paper Turkey Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll Pilgrim Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More