This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Valentine Penguin With Heart Craft
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This adorable valentine penguin with heart craft is a fun craft on its own. Though, it is a great addition to a Valentine's card or to make as Valentine's gifts. Your cute penguin can be made with materials you likely have around the home and the printable penguin. Your kids will have fun picking out colors for their penguin, cutting out the pieces, and then assembling them. Your kids could even attach them to a sweet treat for the perfect valentine to give away."
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Construction paper
- Craft glue
Start by grabbing your construction paper and selecting one sheet of each color. You can choose your own colors, but for this tutorial I am using grey, white, pink, and orange.
Once you have your colors, begin tracing. Trace the body base and the wing patterns on grey paper. Next, trace the beak and the feet on orange paper. Then trace the blush patterns on pink paper. Finally, trace the penguin’s belly and face on white paper. Use scissors to cut out the patterns nicely.
Start assembling your penguin. First, glue the belly and face cutout on the body base cutout.
Attach the two feet cutouts on the bottom edge of the body base pattern. Make sure to keep the feet facing outwards.
Take one of the wing cutouts and apply glue along its outer side. Place the side with glue on it along the side of the body base. Make sure to keep the wing facing in toward the belly. The wing should be attached to the body base along the side only and the rest of it should be free from glue.
Similarly, attach the other wing cutout. Next, glue the beak cutout near the top side of the body base head, right in the middle.
Next, you will attach the blush cutouts on both cheeks. Grab a sharpie to draw the eyes of the papercraft penguin figure.
Now for the extra adorable part. Select a color of construction paper for the heart shape. Cut out the heart shape. Next, slide the heart cutout under the wings of the papercraft penguin to complete the craft.
Tip 1: Get creative with the colors you use for the construction paper. Also feel free to grab colored pencils or crayons and add details to your penguin. Personalizing your craft makes it more fun and unique!
Tip 2: This craft can also be used as a card! Address the letter on the heart the penguin is holding. Then use the back of the heart (or of the penguin for more space) to write a thoughtful note to someone! This is a great idea for a gift for your kids’ teachers!
Read NextPretty Pasta Dragonflies
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Clothespin crafts for kids are all the rage right now because they are simple and fun. These Majestic Clothespin Butterflies are the… Continue reading: "Majestic Clothespin Butterflies"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fun Fall Leaves Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Bird Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Apple Coloring Pages And Activities For Kids
- Apple Volcano Science Experiment
- Outer Space Word Search For Kids
- Dinosaur Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Frankenstein Shape Craft
- Monster Popsicle Stick Craft
- Disguise A Turkey Pilgrim Craft
- Acorn Gnome Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More