Find It, Make It Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Find It, Make It
Provided by CICO Books
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
This book by Clare Youngs is absolutely stunning. That's the first word that came to my mind when I was thumbing through the pages of this environmentally friendly book chockfull of brilliant ideas for kids to interact with nature, reuse items, and craft inexpensively. I may not be a child, but there are more than a few projects in this book from CICO that I would love to make. The creativity and innovation that is found in this book is mind blowing and is a wonderful thing to share with the ripe minds of children.
Youngs takes the term "green crafts" all the way to its core by using leaves, twigs, pinecones, and fruit whenever possible. The pages of this handbook teach you how to make a butterfly from sea shells, a boat from orange peels, recycled paper, and leaves, a bowl from water and flowers, people from grass, and much more. With 35 step-by-step projects, you will never question again what to do with that leftover paper bag or the leaf that flew in from outside.
You are guided right from the very beginning with suggestions on what materials are must haves and which scraps to start saving. That way, when you're ready to start putting together your first craft, you'll have everything you need at no cost.
Kids will have endless hours of fun with the projects in this book. These projects can be made outside on a beautiful day, or, if you collected items ahead of time, you can make these naturally beautiful crafts on a rainy day. Whenever you and the kids can't think of a way to spend your time, crack open this trusty guide to fun and embark on the journey of crafting a Find It, Make It project.
The pictures in this book are helpful, clear, and eye catching making it easy for you to breeze through each step of the craft. Your little ones will be begging to revisit Find It, Make It, so that they can explore more exciting ways to craft with nature. For crafty families on a budget, this book is definite book-shelf material.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Monarchs are one of the more rare butterflies, but with this precious butterfly craft, you can see them all year round. Monarch… Continue reading: "Monarch Butterfly Symmetry Art"
- The Paper Hat Book
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
- Art Lab for Little Kids Review
- MADE BY DAD: 67 Blueprints for Making Cool Stuff Review
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out! Review
- Enter for a chance to win Friendship Bracelets Reborn!
- Hand in Hand: Crafting With Kids Review
- Big Blast of Kid Crafts: Fun in the Sun Review
- A Tutu for Every Occasion Review
- 150+ Screen-Free Activities for Kids Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- A Great Avengers Paper Puppet Craft
- Dollar Store Walt Disney Quote Sign
- Avengers Free Printable Coloring Book
- Disney Princes Free Printable Coloring Book
- Disney Princess Free Printable Coloring Book
- Diy Inside Out Board Game
- Diy Yoda Plush
- A Scavenger Hunt Fit For Snow White
- Star Wars Free Printable Coloring Book
- Window Art Free Printables
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More