Art Lab for Little Kids Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Art Lab for Little Kids
Provided by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Lindsey Rolf
This entertaining book by Susan Schwake is aimed at the group of youngsters that love all things artistic: preschoolers! Three- to six-year-old children often have minds that are brimming with creativity, and you can put that to good use with all of these awesome art labs. Each one is different from the last, and gives readers tips and an art piece that the lab was inspired by. Step-by-step instructions ensure that there won't be any confusion, only fun.
One of the best things about this book is that it doesn't just stick to the usual materials. Along with paintbrushes and scissors there are balloons, marbles, and yarn. There are so many crafts in this book that use interesting and new materials, which means you won't find any cookie cutter paintings in this book!
There are 52 crafts in this playful book, and the best part is that you know that each craft will be a new adventure, whether you are painting with potatoes or making a fabric collage. Make sure if you're a tiny tot with tiny hands that you aren't left out when it's time to craft. You will have endless hours of fun as you paint new masterpieces to be hung up around the house and make interesting sculptures for the dining room table.
You are guided from the beginning with pictures of preschoolers doing each project so you know which direction to go in. Still, each amazing craft is open-ended as you are encouraged to do it any way you want. These crafts have all been tested and given the stamp of approval by kids just like you.
As an added bonus, each project comes with a 'Go Further' section that instructs readers about how to take their crafting to the next level, and to inspire conversation about art. This book gives great insight into other cultures, as many of the crafts are inspired by paintings from around the world. You are sure to have a blast reading Art Lab for Little Kids, and the only problem you will run into is choosing which project to make today.
Enter to win a copy of Art Lab for Little Kids from 9/2-9/16!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- The Paper Hat Book
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
- Rubber Band Jewelry All Grown Up
- Gardening Lab for Kids Review
- Enter for a chance to win Friendship Bracelets Reborn!
- Chance to win Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books!
- A Tutu for Every Occasion Review
- Craft It Up: Christmas Around the World Review
- Chance to win a copy of Slimed DIY!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Paper Plate Tropical Fish Craft
- Sheep Painted Rocks
- Cardboard Tube Bunny Rabbit Family
- Free Camping Coloring Pages And Activity Pages For Kids
- Library Scavenger Hunt
- Diy Tassels - The Easy Way
- Free Printable Earth Day Bingo Set
- Fruit Cup Chick Craft
- Free Printable Earth Day Word Search
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More