This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This felt Angel Ornament is sure to bring the Christmas Spirit into your home just in time for the holiday season! Your kids will surely love to make this unique project together as a family. The perfect evening at home project to add to your family tree! This is a perfect personal gift and a gift that your kiddos can make for someone else as well. Just follow these simple instructions to create these darling angel ornaments."
Primary TechniqueFabric Crafts
- Colorful felt fabrics
Start this craft by choosing different colored felt fabrics for the angel patterns. For this example, I used a white piece, a yellow piece, a blue piece, and a brown piece of felt. The template includes a base layout, dress, head, 2 wings, hair, head-ring, sleeves and hands.
Trace the sleeves and dress on the same colored felt, in this case, I did blue Then trace the head and the hands using the same colored felt (I used white). Trace the other patterns in your desired colors. Once all of the patterns are traced, cut them out.
Use a pen or pencil to draw the eyes, nose, and mouth on the head cutout. Once you have your outline, use a black thread to stitch along the traced parts. Next, stitch the hand cutouts in the middle of the dress cutout as shown in the picture of this step.
Cut a slit along the yellow marked line of the hair pattern. Slide the top side of the head under the slit. This gives the illusion of bangs.
Now, place the top side of the dress cutout between the head and the hair layer, from below.
Stitch around the border of the face and join it with the hair and dress cutouts. Also, stitch the head-ring on the head by simply working a running stitch along with the ring cutout.
Place the sleeve cutouts on both sides of the dress. Place the wing cutouts on both sides of the base layout, making sure the wings slightly overlap the base.
Place the front pattern of the felt angel on the top of the base layout and start to stitch around the sides.
When you’re done stitching around the sides, tie a knot or 2 and cut off extra thread. Take a small piece of ribbon and form a loop with it.
Stitch the ribbon loop on the top backside of the felt angel doll to complete the ornament craft.
Read NextPrintable Patriotic Pinwheels
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Printable Patriotic Pinwheels
- Diy Twine Balls
- Easter Play Dough
- Cinco de Mayo Word Search Free Printable
- Patriotic Coffee Filter Flowers
- NYE All About Me Printable Worksheets
- Waterless Snow Globes
- Father's Day Craft For Kids
- April Fools Ice Cubes
- Celebrate Earth Day with 45 Earth Day Activities for Children and Earth Day Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Camping Scavenger Hunt For Kids And Adults
- Fun And Free Printable Summer Reading Bingo Challenge
- School Backpack Checklist – Free Printable
- Rabbit Paper Craft
- Paper Plate Camping Craft For Kids
- B Is For Bear Craft
- Easy Father's Day Craft
- Father's Day Craft For Kids
- Ocean Sensory Bag
- Printable 4th Of July Word Search For Kids
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More