Magic Milk Experiment
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This cool magic milk experiment is fun to do and you likely have everything you need on hand. Got milk? Food coloring and dish soap? Then you are all set to do this colorful kitchen experiment! Food coloring is less dense than the milk causing it to remain suspended in the fat molecules of the milk. When you add the dish soap, that breaks up the fat molecules, making the food coloring spread across the surface of the milk. Think of it like washing butter off your hands. The hand soap makes the fat in the butter separate, causing it to break up. "
Primary TechniqueFood Crafting
Shallow dish like a pie plate
Liquid food coloring
NotesPlease visit Crafts by Amanda for the full tutorial!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Christmas Word Scramble Printable For Kids
- Easy Christmas Tree Ornament
- Easy Hot Pads For Mom Or Gramma
- How To Make A Paper Christmas Honeycomb Ball?
- Salt Dough Houses
- Christmas Coloring Card
- Unique Fabric Christmas Ornament
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Word Scramble For Kids
- Cutest Christmas Reindeer Handprint Craft With Rudolph's Red Nose
- Gratitude Tree
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More