45+ Crafts for Kids with Special Needs
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
If you're a kid with behavioral, mental, or physical disabilities, sometimes craft time can be a hard time, but we're here to turn that around. This list of 45+ Crafts for Kids with Special Needs is the ideal guide to making craft time fun for kids of all ages and developmental levels. Whether you're two or twenty, a beginner or expert, this collection has the perfect project for you to work on your skills and is aimed at children who may need help in the areas of development and behavior. These easy crafts for kids take little to no time to put together, cutting down on boredom.
These wonderful crafts for kids with special needs are sorted by skill set so that you can skip directly to the skill you're working on. You're guaranteed to keep them entertained for hours as these projects aren't only educational but also a blast. Whether you want to work on your fine motor skills by making your next masterpiece with paint or putting on a theater show with marker cap puppets or engage your senses with scented playdough or sticky sticks, there is no shortage of activities.
Get started by following along with our How to Make Playdough video below, a fantastic sensory activity for kids with special needs.
Table of Contents
Behavior Control & Chore Charts for Kids
Who picks up the toys and who takes out the trash in your house? If you don't have a system, then these chore charts for kids are a perfect way to stay organized. They help kids, both those who have special needs and those who don't, stay on track and learn what being responsible means. These easy crafts for kids are simple to make but will have a huge effect on your household. They can help cut down on fighting and bickering because there is now a system in place. Children with special needs can look at what day it is and see what their chores are today. These crafts for kids with special needs will make everyday activities a breeze.
While children on the autism spectrum may have different needs when it comes to learning and developing, they are just like all kids - they want to play and have fun! For some great ideas that'll engage your child and strengthen their communication skills, read our guide to Understanding Autism + Fun Activities for Kids with Autism
Sensory Crafts for Kids
Dig into these sensory crafts for kids, hands first. Children with special needs enjoy tactile and sensory crafts, which is why these crafts are perfect. Each involves something that is moveable, moldable, and simple to make. Your kids will love feeling the cool, mushy play dough between their fingers and sculpting it into the perfect shape. These easy crafts for kids are perfect for keeping little hands and minds busy. Once they're done, your kids will have a beautiful masterpiece to show their friends and family. These crafts for kids with special needs are perfect because they stimulate all five senses and keep kids of all ages occupied.
- Kool Aid Play Dough
- Galaxy Goo
- Colorful, Loveable Playdough
- Apple Scented Cloud Dough
- Waxy Sticky Sticks
- Magic Foaming Rainbow Stars
- Rainbow Space Dough
- No Nonsense No Bake Clay Dough
- Frozen-Inspired Glitter Slime
- Super Cool Straw Sculpture
- Ice Cream Playdough Recipe
- Edible Mud Puddle Activity
- Autumn Leaves Water Sensory Bin
Easy Painting Ideas for Kids
Easy painting ideas for kids make great crafts for kids with special needs because there is no right way to make a masterpiece. Creativity is the name of the game, and everyone's got it. Whether you want a sensory experience with finger painting or want to use different materials like string and rubber bands, these painting crafts are perfect. Easy crafts for kids aren't complicated or expensive; they only require a sheet of paper and some imagination. Children with special needs will love these fun and colorful crafts. Make sure to put on your creativity cap while you create a colorful masterpiece.
- Artistic String Printing
- Cardboard Comb Painting
- Drinking Straw Art
- Mess-Free Fingerpainting
- Rubber Band Splatter Painting
- Swirled Pour Painting
- Salad Spinner Painting Project
- DIY Sidewalk Paint
- Homemade Finger Paints
- The Lorax Puffy Paint Trees
- Scented Edible Finger Paint
- Edible Bread Painting Activity
- How to Make Puffy Paint
- Cheerful Handprint Flowers Garden
Activities for Fine Motor Skills
What do felt, giant beads, and marker caps have in common? They're all easy crafts for kids to help with fine motor skills. Activities for fine motor skills are so important for children with special needs. These fun and easy crafts for kids are simple ways to keep entertained on an otherwise boring day. You will find a variety of different crafts that are perfect for anyone. Crafts for kids with special needs that involve touching and moving are perfect to keep hands busy and minds at work. These activities for fine motor skills are great for those with physical disabilities who need to strengthen muscles.
Help bust up boredom this summer with our free eBook that 's filled with great summer activities! Your kids will love spending summer vacation completing these awesome kids' crafts: 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids Free eBook
What kinds of crafts would you like to see on the site for your special needs child?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Christmas Caps Decoration - Fun Family Craft
- Free Christmas Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Candy Cane Mason Jar Luminary
- Printable Christmas Wish Lists For Kids
- Unicorn Bookmark Craft
- Unicorn Bookmarks
- Flower Pencil Toppers
- Paper Pinwheel Craft
- Paper Rocket Bookmark Craft
- Under the Sea Craft for Kids
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More