This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Papercraft Planet Cards
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This Papercraft is out of this world! Your little space loving kids will be blasted into another galaxy after creating and learning about these planets with the help of these handy dandy cards! It is the perfect learning tool for both in the classroom and at home! Get your kids interested in space by helping them create these super simple and colorful planetary cards! Follow these simple instructions and get to work on this hands on activity!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Construction papers
- White cardstock paper
- Craft glue
Select white cardstock paper to make the card base. Select your colors of construction paper for each planet. You can follow the images here, or you could also search the internet to check the correct colors for each planet. Trace the planet patterns on the selected papers and cut them out nicely. Let’s start our craft with the Sun, Jupiter, Uranus, and Mercury.
Start by grabbing your glue stick and gluing the round yellow cutout in the middle of the orange cutout to craft the sun. Then glue the small round cutouts on the Mercury base cutout.
Grab the Jupiter and the Uranus base cutouts. Glue the strip cutouts on each planet accordingly.
Use scissors to cut and trim the extra ends of the strips around the planet bases. Cut a slit along the yellow marked line of the Uranus ring pattern.
Insert the Uranus base pattern through the ring slit. Apply glue to fix the position of the planet base to the ring.
Now, attach each planet’s papercraft patterns on individual cardstock cutouts slightly larger than the planets themselves.
Read NextPrintable Winter Word Search
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Whether it's Mother's Day or the little ones just need a gift to give for their grandmother, coffee filter crafts offer the perfect… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers"
- Printable Winter Word Search
- 45+ Crafts for Kids with Special Needs
- Soap Clouds
- 40+ Science Crafts and Space Crafts for Kids
- Australia Activities For Kids
- Homemade Lava Lamps
- How To Make A Paper Pencil Box Easy?
- 18 Scout Crafts for Camping, Learning, and Fun
- Magic Salt Crystal Experiment
- 27 Cool Science Experiments for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Water Bottle Penguin Craft
- Nativity Ornament Craft For Kids
- Simple Happy Birthday Cake Topper
- 60 Best Christmas Would You Rather Questions For A Festive Holiday
- Merry Christmas Banner
- Gift Boxes Coloring Page
- Christmas Penguin Handprint Template
- Mitten Countdown Calendar
- Christmas Angel Treat Bags
- Coffee Creamer Snowmen
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More