This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Papercraft Planet Cards
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This Papercraft is out of this world! Your little space loving kids will be blasted into another galaxy after creating and learning about these planets with the help of these handy dandy cards! It is the perfect learning tool for both in the classroom and at home! Get your kids interested in space by helping them create these super simple and colorful planetary cards! Follow these simple instructions and get to work on this hands on activity!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Construction papers
- White cardstock paper
- Craft glue
Select white cardstock paper to make the card base. Select your colors of construction paper for each planet. You can follow the images here, or you could also search the internet to check the correct colors for each planet. Trace the planet patterns on the selected papers and cut them out nicely. Let’s start our craft with the Sun, Jupiter, Uranus, and Mercury.
Start by grabbing your glue stick and gluing the round yellow cutout in the middle of the orange cutout to craft the sun. Then glue the small round cutouts on the Mercury base cutout.
Grab the Jupiter and the Uranus base cutouts. Glue the strip cutouts on each planet accordingly.
Use scissors to cut and trim the extra ends of the strips around the planet bases. Cut a slit along the yellow marked line of the Uranus ring pattern.
Insert the Uranus base pattern through the ring slit. Apply glue to fix the position of the planet base to the ring.
Now, attach each planet’s papercraft patterns on individual cardstock cutouts slightly larger than the planets themselves.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 45+ Crafts for Kids with Special Needs
- 40+ Science Crafts and Space Crafts for Kids
- Homemade Lava Lamps
- Adam and Eve Preschool Activity Pack
- Silly Pasta Skeletons
- Shoe Tying Practice Printable
- Calming Techniques for Kids + 10 Calming Activities to Self-Sooth
- 18 Scout Crafts for Camping, Learning, and Fun
- Magic Milk Experiment
- 27 Cool Science Experiments for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 31 Days Of Fun Halloween Bucket List Activities
- Free Printable Trick Or Treat Door Signs For Halloween
- Trick Or Treat Safely Printable
- 30 Days Of Family Christmas Activities
- Owl Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin Turkey Craft
- Pintable Halloween Wall Art
- Easy Rainbow Cereal Ice Cream Cups
- Paper Plate Spider
- Pipe Cleaner Spider
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More