This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Mixed Media Mermaid Art
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"This is no ordinary papercraft! Take your crafting to the next level with this mixed-media mermaid! All you need is the mermaid template, paper, and scissors to create the basic shape, and then use yarn, sequins, and seed beads to customize your mermaid! These would be perfect for any birthday or pool party. Create the basic mermaid shape and then set up stations for kids to customize their mermaids for the perfect party favor. Happy Crafting!"
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
- Colored Paper
- Glitter paper or foam sheet
- Seed beads
- Craft Glue
Take your colored craft paper and choose the color paper you want for the head, upper body, blushes, hair base, and top of the mermaid doll. Now, trace the template pattern on the selected craft paper and cut them out properly
Next attach the the head on the body base
Using your yarn and following the hair pattern cut and glue the small yarn pieces on the hair base to fill out the pattern
Fill the hair pattern cut-out with the yarn on both sides and above the slit. Keep the balance part intact
Time to add the face features, so add the blushes on the cheeks. Slide the head under the slit of the hair and apply glue to fix the position
The next step is to draw the eyes, nose in the face, using a marker, or sharpie. Whichever you prefer
Attach the head pattern on the neck part of the body base
Now, for the final touches, the tail! Using the pattern cut out your tail and attach tail cut-out on the bottom side of the body base pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers
Whether it's Mother's Day or the little ones just need a gift to give for their grandmother, coffee filter crafts offer the perfect… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers"
- 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle Schoolers
- Trying to find fun craft ideas for kids? With this collection of easy kids crafts, you'll be able to provide kids with hours of fun.
- 44 Best 4-H Project Ideas Ever
- 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- Rainbow Loom Patterns
- What to Make with Popsicle Sticks: 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids
- Crafting With Buttons: 35+ Button Crafts for Kids
- Fun Emoji Perler Bead Patterns
- 22+ Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids
- 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- Monkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More