Jean-ious Pocket Organizer
Keep tidy in style with the Jean-ious Pocket Organizer. If you've outgrown multiple pairs of jeans, use them to make a DIY jewelry organizer, DIY makeup organizer, or DIY supplies organizer. If you just can't figure out how to organize your locker or craft room, hang up one of these adorable denim devices and you'll be neat in no time. Make crafts with jeans for a unique project that not only helps you keep clean, but that also looks great.
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Fabric Adhesive
- Buttons for decoration
- Rick-rack trim
- Box of large paper clips
- Ribbon of choice
- 2 to 4 pairs of used jeans with various sized pockets
- 12” Wooden ruler
1. Cut around pockets from old jeans and set aside.
2. Use fabric from one denim pants leg to create the body of your organizer. Cut to desired size allowing for a half-inch seam allowance around all edges. Make sure the finished width of organizer matches your wooden ruler length.
3. Fold all raw edges over to the backside and adhere with Fabric Fusion. Use large paper clips to hold seams in place until dry.
4. Use Fabric Fusion to adhere reserved jeans pockets onto organizer body. Lay flat until dry.
5. Cut trims and rick rack to fit width of organizer. Where desired, apply trims and rick rack to organizer with Fabric Fusion. Let dry.
6. Cut four lengths of ribbon to create loops for hanging. Make sure loops will accommodate wooden ruler. Secure to back of organizer with Fabric Fusion. Let dry.
7. Hang finished organizer from wooden ruler inserted through ribbon loops.
You can never have too many DIY organizers at your disposal! In this article, Get Organized with 30 DIY Storage Ideas for Kids, you will find DIY desk ideas, DIY bedroom storage and other clever storage ideas that can be used as trendy new ways to organize their things.
Read NextThrifty Swing DIY Toy Storage