This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Paper Bag Squirrel Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"This squirrel puppet is the perfect summer buddy to create with your kiddos! It is the perfect afternoon activity to bond over sweet woodland creatures and oh the adventures they could have! Paper bag puppets are a simple and easy way to create imaginative fun for hours on end. These paper bag puppets will go great with any other animals your kids choose to create! And before you know it you will have a whole forest of puppet friends!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored Paper
- Paper Bag
- Craft Glue
Download the paper bag squirrel puppet template.
Select pink, white and 3 different shades of brown colored papers for the squirrel craft.
Trace the tail, body base, head, outer ear patterns and leg patterns on the medium shade of brown paper; trace the bottom side of the tail on dark brown paper and the belly pattern on the light brown colored craft paper.
Trace the face pattern on the white paper; and trace the blush (round shapes) and inner ear patterns on the pink paper. Cut out the traced patterns.
Attach the bottom strip of the tail pattern along the bottom side of the main tail pattern.
Attach the face cutout on the bottom side of the head cutout; and attach the inner ear patterns in the middle of the outer ear patterns.
Then, attach the ear patterns on the top side of the head pattern and attach the pink blush cutouts on both cheeks of the papercraft squirrel’s head.
Use a sharpie to draw the eyes, nose and mouth of the paper bag squirrel puppet.
Select a brown paper bag or you can craft your own custom sized paper bag from brown wrapping paper. We will use the bottom side of the bag as the top side of the puppet pattern.
Attach the leg cutouts near the open side of the paper bag.
Attach the body base cutout on the top side of the leg and cover the paper bag’s outer surface.
Attach the tail pattern on either side of the paper bag.
Next, attach the head pattern of the squirrel on the bottom flat side of the paper bag and then flatten the bottom side (head part) with the rest of the pattern to complete the craft.
Read NextSilly Owl Pine Cone Craft
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- God’s Eye Yarn Craft
- Printable Summer Crossword Puzzle For Kids
- Toilet Paper Roll Red Fox
- Papercraft Planet Cards
- Lorax Papercraft Puppet
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet
- Dragon Paper Bag Puppet
- Pom Pom Bunny Paper Plate Craft
- Free Superhero Coloring Pages
- Printable Space Coloring Page
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More