Days 'Til Summer Countdown
What's on your mind once school starts up again? Summer, of course! Keep track of how many days you will have to be in school until you are once again free to have fun in the sun with this DIY Days 'Til Summer Countdown. With this cute back to school craft idea, you will always be able to see the sun at the end of the tunnel. Hang it up in your locker and keep track of how many days until summer break. Decorate it with summery colors to keep the sunshiney happiness in your mind as you head to algebra or biology class.
- 4x6" wooden frame
- 4x6" white cardstock
- Acrylic paint
- Foam brush
- Washi tape
- 1.5" x 2.5" number print outs
- Mod Podge
- Binder clip
Want more back to school crafts? Find this project and more in our FREE eBook: 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages!
1. Paint the wooden frame with 2-3 coats of the acrylic paint.
2. Using the marker, write "Days 'til Summer" near the bottom of the piece of cardstock and then frame the cardstock.
3. Arrange the number print outs in order with the lowest number on the bottom of the stack.
4. Use the binder clip to hold the individual letters together tightly.
5. Bind them together by applying two coats of Mod Podge to the top edge of the stack.
6. Take a piece of washi tape and wiggle it between the numbers one and two. Then stick the washi tape to the frame so the numbers are where you want them. Add another piece of washi tape to the bottom of the frame to make it more visually balanced.
7. Peel off one number with every day that passes and before you know it, it will be summer!
Read NextSummer Sunflower Wreath